Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Side note: New Mexico bar is now listed as "opening soon" on festival guides and such.
I'm sure it's actually opening soon, but it's been listed in the times guide for 3 months now.

mexico-times-guide.jpg

Image from first week in June.

Reactions: tankart150
I get the impression there will be more than meets the eye at the Epcot Legacy Showplace.
Hoping Dreamfinder is there.
Also, has anyone heard of a Figment M&G or walkaround character for F&W. Considering he is the mascot this year, I would expect this to be a logical choice.

Hoping Dreamfinder is there.
Also, has anyone heard of a Figment M&G or walkaround character for F&W. Considering he is the mascot this year, I would expect this to be a logical choice.
He was the mascot for Festival of the Arts and Flower and Garden this year too and there wasn't a character in the park. Fingers crossed for something at the Legacy center though..

A few years ago there was an AP event at the Odyssey building and they had a small exhibit with stuff from the old Imagination ride. That was kind of cool. Wouldn't mind something like that at least.

IMG_1593b.JPG
IMG_1596b.JPG

That was the AP Magicband and RFID swap-out place. You turned in your AP to get your RFID and learn about them, something along those lines.

I appreciate that they've come to view Odyssey as a gallery/exposition space. It works well for it and gets the building used.

That was the AP Magicband and RFID swap-out place. You turned in your AP to get your RFID and learn about them, something along those lines.

I appreciate that they've come to view Odyssey as a gallery/exposition space. It works well for it and gets the building used.
Thanks. Yup that's what it was! I couldn't remember exactly what the event was where I got those pics, only that it was AP only.

I will be joining that club shortly....;)
My son also loves Figment and will be grabbing up some of that F&W merch this fall... also wants that pillow pet as well.

Reactions: Alicia
So apparently Holidays Around The World is becoming the "Epcot International Festival of the Holidays" this year. There will be 15 food kiosks as opposed to the 35 for F&W. It may not sound like much, but it is actually a significant departure from what Holidays around the World was.

Epcot is virtually just cycling from one festival to the next at this point. From the start of F&W last week, there won't be more than a few days without a festival at Epcot until sometime in May (F&W->Holidays->Arts->F&G).

Reactions: SeventyOne
So apparently Holidays Around The World is becoming the "Epcot International Festival of the Holidays" this year. There will be 15 food kiosks as opposed to the 35 for F&W. It may not sound like much, but it is actually a significant departure from what Holidays around the World was.

Epcot is virtually just cycling from one festival to the next at this point. From the start of F&W last week, there won't be more than a few days without a festival at Epcot until sometime in May (F&W->Holidays->Arts->F&G).
It works for them, profit wise. Surprised they didn't do the almost year round festivals earlier.

Guests really like the festivals - Festival of the Arts success really surprised Disney.

As long as they keeps them fresh and changing they'll keep getting the locals. And having one pretty much all the time keeps the nonlocals from complaining they didn't get to experience one.

One of the first things added to Epcot in 82/83 was a bevy of food kiosks on the strip of land that would later become International Gateway. It was because the park had more people than it could feed.

Oooooo, I collect swizzle sticks. I have a couple 1982 EPCOT Center logo swizzle sticks. Got a pic of the new ones? Here are my old school Disney swizzles. I got 3 1971 Poly Swizzle Sticks!

0907172004.jpg
Here's the new one:
IMG_2511.JPG

Got it from Light Lab in the cotton candy tonic water. Dumb drink but worth it for the swizzle stick!

You can see the drink being made and a close up of the swizzle in the middle of my video too.

Supposedly Disney finally decided on an IP for the UK. Insiders are being secretive about it still, but Martin says he likes it so I feel confidant in it knowing that. The only thing that anyone has been willing to confirm is that it's NOT Sword and the Stone, Mr. Toad or Doctor Who.

If I had to put money on it, i'd say it was between Poppins, Alice and Brave and they probably went with the money and chose Poppins.