Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Another thing I found interesting is that the load/unload for SSE is changing in someway during its upcoming refurb. One of the rumors was that it may be moving so that the entrance is on the opposite side of SSE, facing future world.

Another thing I found interesting is that the load/unload for SSE is changing in someway during its upcoming refurb. One of the rumors was that it may be moving so that the entrance is on the opposite side of SSE, facing future world.

I wouldn’t mind that. There’s such limited capacity in that queue as it is, and it creates a bottle neck under SSE

I don’t know how anyone can say Disney’s guests aren’t interested in edutainment when Animal Kingdom is thriving right up the road. It’s all in the execution.
While Kilimanjaro Safaris is sort of an edutainment type ride, I’d argue all of the other popular rides within the park aren’t based in edutainment. FoP, Everest (backstory is based on a work of fiction), NRJ, and Dinosaur all have virtually no educational part. I guess you could argue that Dinosaur does in its queue, but that’s it.

And let’s face it, those type of rides are why people are going to DAK. They aren’t planning a trip around the animal exhibits. That’s just a bonus.

Intriguing. I was operating under the assumption that we wouldn't be getting new dining as part of Ratatouille's new area, and while the food offerings in France are already an embarrassment of riches, I've got no problem with a little more substance being part of this expansion.
I think most insiders were saying that Chez Remy from Paris wasn't included. Not that there wouldn't be a food component.

Anyway, I love me some good crepes.

Yes at five it is the winner.
So many restaurants! That’s wild to me. I would’ve assumed that the winning country would’ve been more known for their kid-friendly cuisine.
I don’t know how anyone can say Disney’s guests aren’t interested in edutainment when Animal Kingdom is thriving right up the road. It’s all in the execution.
I think Epcot was always going after a different kind of edutainment. Epcot’s original rides were all about explaining complex topics that are important to society. YouTube is the new way to learn all about that. Videos explain all of those in greater depth and can be updated so much more quickly.

Wasn't expecting this, but it makes total sense. There's so much real estate back there in that courtyard for the ride, so it only makes sense that they would put it to use for more F&B or something like that. I'd expect maybe a gift shop in the area as well. Plus, not everybody in the family is going to want to ride. Some will see that the sign says "motion simulator" and skip it thinking it's much more intense than it is. Might as well make some money off of them instead of them just sitting there for an hour.

So many restaurants! That’s wild to me. I would’ve assumed that the winning country would’ve been more known for their kid-friendly cuisine.
Japan is close. Will have three sit down restaurants and a quick service after their new restaurant is done.