Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it’s a great idea but why is it a table service restaurant? It seems perfect for CS.

Yeah that seems like a bad idea, I know of plenty of crepes places that are quick service and really good.

"With a menu inspired by the Brittany region of France, the new location will offer table service dining as well as a quick-service stop for guests craving savory crepes called galettes and sweet crepes."

Best of both worlds.

Nope it is the poseurs that think they are eating authentic food such as they would find in the real France.

Correct. It seems that's kind of the entirety of WS. Via Napoli Pizza though....

Nope it is the poseurs that think they are eating authentic food such as they would find in the real France.
Anyone with a Julia Child cookbook and a real sharp knife can make authentic French food. Anyone who says you have to go to x to have authentic x is the poseur. :)

Reactions: JoeCamel
Anyone with a Julia Child cookbook and a real sharp knife can make authentic French food. Anyone who says you have to go to x to have authentic x is the poseur. :)
So much of the food is in the sources and the prep. They make buckets of what a chef would make in a saucepan. Inspired in a theme park way but not authentic.

So much of the food is in the sources and the prep. They make buckets of what a chef would make in a saucepan. Inspired in a theme park way but not authentic.
Oh, one hundred percent. Epcot food is a way to put your toe in the pool on a country's cuisine. My comment was only on having to go to a place to experience its cuisine authentically. I've never been to France, but I'm comfortable calling my beef bourgignon authentic.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Via Napoli is great, if not extremely expensive for pizza. But at least it's quality pizza.

If you have 3 - 5 people and can all settle on the same pizza, you can get by for $10 - $12 per person. Drinks are a bit much in Italy, but what else is new in WDW.

Via Napoli can be one of the least expensive meals, though, if your crowd likes pizza. :toast:

Reactions: Nick and Andysol
If you have 3 - 5 people and can all settle on the same pizza, you can get by for $10 - $12 per person. Drinks are a bit much in Italy, but what else is new in WDW.

Via Napoli can be one of the least expensive meals, though, if your crowd likes pizza. :toast:
That’s the only times I ever eat there is when I split among a few people.

Some PR-speak describing the show (and since this copy is the same at multiple sources, I'm assuming it came directly from Disney):

"'Awesome Planet,' an on-screen exploration of the realm we call home, showcases the spectacular beauty, diversity and dynamic story of our earth with all the grandeur guests have come to expect.

With spectacular nature photography, immersive in-theater effects, and space sequences created by none other than Industrial Light & Magic (which provided the cinematic foundation for the Star Wars franchise), “Awesome Planet” will stir Epcot guests and deliver an environmental message that will resonate far beyond its final scenes.
"

I almost can't believe it -- a Future World project that is thematically appropriate!

ETA: Official blog post - ‘Awesome Planet’ Film at Epcot One of Several New On-Screen Experiences Coming to Park | Disney Parks Blog

When you combine everything Epcot is getting, it is going to be so revitalized once all of this is done and should actually be a fun place to visit again.

For my money, it’s seemed incredibly stale for quite some time now, even with Test Track, Soarin’ and Mission: Space all receiving updates in the fairly recent past.

When you combine everything Epcot is getting, it is going to be so revitalized once all of this is done and should actually be a fun place to visit again.

For my money, it’s seemed incredibly stale for quite some time now, even with Test Track, Soarin’ and Mission: Space all receiving updates in the fairly recent past.
Last visit to WDW was to go to AK but I had a three day resident ticket so I thought Epcot would be good for a day. 15mins for Frozen, TT and sorin were both fast, terrible pizza at Italy and I'm looking around for something I haven't done to death. Left by 2, too long to wait for RoE at dark with so little to do. I hope this makes it worth my money again.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick

After I do my (1) Tier One Level Fastpass, I have trouble finding a couple of Tier Two Rides to choose for fastpasses. Most of the level two's are walk ons, or short lines, most of the day.

There are still some glaring issues but it’s a huge improvement. SSE still needs major work on the ride system.

I'm sure most non-Epcot-fanatics will enjoy what the park becomes.

For me, it all hinges on how Guardians and the SSE revamp turn out. The other known projects (Ratatouille, Awesome Planet, redone China and Canada shows, Space restaurant) feel appropriate and should freshen-up things.

Reactions: Nick
After I do my (1) Tier One Level Fastpass, I have trouble finding a couple of Tier Two Rides to choose for fastpasses. Most of the level two's are walk ons, or short lines, most of the day.

Agreed. I think that we did Frozen for a Tier 1 last year but usually I do Soarin'. Beyond that, I always pick SSE and then I'm stumped for a third because I can walk onto everything else. My wife won't do TestTrack and so I do single-rider on that one. I used a FP on Journey to Imagination only to find that it was wasted.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Agreed. I think that we did Frozen for a Tier 1 last year but usually I do Soarin'. Beyond that, I always pick SSE and then I'm stumped for a third because I can walk onto everything else. My wife won't do TestTrack and so I do single-rider on that one. I used a FP on Journey to Imagination only to find that it was wasted.
Yep. Basically same here, though we try to use it on Test Track since Alene loves it.