Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Liberty Inn at The American Adventure will be closed and replaced with a new quick-service barbecue restaurant called Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue...

New Barbecue Restaurant Featuring Craft Brews to Debut at The American Adventure in Epcot Later this Year | Disney Parks Blog

I've always felt that BBQ would be a good fit in The American Adventure, and Liberty Inn always seemed to have ultra-generic, textbook "theme park food" stuff. So I'm a fan of this change (on paper).
Nice move. That's a BIG improvement:toast:. A backyard version of BigFire in Epcot. ;)

Reactions: belloq87
Liberty Inn at The American Adventure will be closed and replaced with a new quick-service barbecue restaurant called Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue...

New Barbecue Restaurant Featuring Craft Brews to Debut at The American Adventure in Epcot Later this Year | Disney Parks Blog

I've always felt that BBQ would be a good fit in The American Adventure, and Liberty Inn always seemed to have ultra-generic, textbook "theme park food" stuff. So I'm a fan of this change (on paper).
Hey look! It's not chicken and burgers!

If ya'll didn't see the latest rumour for Wakanda coming to Epcot, it involves Disney and Universal trading the theme park rides for Black Panther and Alien.

It's obviously ridiculous but not a bad deal for Universal.

Reactions: therock
Per Magic, O Canada will close on August 1st for an undisclosed length of time to install a new projection system. At the earliest, it will not reopen until after Food and Wine. No talk of changes to the film itself...

Epcot's O Canada to close in August to begin upgrades

Hoping it will be back up by shortly after the New Year. I can't imagine they'd need more than five full months...
O Canada has always been getting a new film - seamless like China. Martin has said both films should be open in the Spring of next year.

Per Magic, O Canada will close on August 1st for an undisclosed length of time to install a new projection system. At the earliest, it will not reopen until after Food and Wine. No talk of changes to the film itself...

Epcot's O Canada to close in August to begin upgrades

Hoping it will be back up by shortly after the New Year. I can't imagine they'd need more than five full months...
Is it digital yet? They may be making it digital in prep for the new film and to make the transition easier.

The latest episode of The Disney Dish Podcast features Jim Hill and Len Testa offering up some Epcot tidbits.

1. Len has heard that the O Canada replacement is (currently) aiming for an opening/re-opening around the time of the Marathon Weekend. So mid(ish) January.
2. Hill has supposedly heard that the new China film is in flux because of the international tariffs situation, and his phrasing implies work hasn't really begun at all on that project yet because Disney's still negotiating with the Chinese government.

I'm not sure how much I believe #2, because I was under the impression that the film itself was already in production. I also don't know what the exact sticking point between Disney and China would be, given their already close business ties.

But make of that what you will!

The latest episode of The Disney Dish Podcast features Jim Hill and Len Testa offering up some Epcot tidbits.

1. Len has heard that the O Canada replacement is (currently) aiming for an opening/re-opening around the time of the Marathon Weekend. So mid(ish) January.
2. Hill has supposedly heard that the new China film is in flux because of the international tariffs situation, and his phrasing implies work hasn't really begun at all on that project yet because Disney's still negotiating with the Chinese government.

I'm not sure how much I believe #2, because I was under the impression that the film itself was already in production. I also don't know what the exact sticking point between Disney and China would be, given their already close business ties.

But make of that what you will!
As i've said before, Disney wants Mulan to have a presence in the new China film. Live-Action Mulan comes out in March. @Marni1971 has said both films will be opening in January, so #2 seems bogus to me.

Reactions: SeventyOne