Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
BlogMickey's got recordings of parts of the new loops for China and France.

'Mulan' Background Music Debuts in China Pavilion at Epcot
'Beauty and the Beast' Background Music Debuts in France Pavilion at Epcot

My thoughts:
1. It’s much more tasteful than I expected. The “traditional” arrangement of Jerry Goldsmith’s wonderful main theme for MULAN is particularly nice, for example.
2. I hope the full background loops still have non-Disney music. Surely they must, right? They'd be awfully short loops otherwise.

My thoughts:
1. It’s much more tasteful than I expected. The “traditional” arrangement of Jerry Goldsmith’s wonderful main theme for MULAN is particularly nice, for example.
2. I hope the full background loops still have non-Disney music. Surely they must, right? They'd be awfully short loops otherwise.

Oh don't worry. They're prepping that Aristocats music as we speak!

Reactions: belloq87

My thoughts:
Not sure I am a fan, although its nice arrangements. But my brain automatically goes to the movie ... even on Main Street when suddenly songs from "Hello, Dolly!" start my mind snaps to Carol Channing and the immersion is lost.

Those prices look good but the cynical me says they won't stay at that level for long. This is WDW after all

Disney typically adjusts upward after opening, but even then the prices aren't that crazy. It'll depend on quantity and quality, I don't want to buy 3 slices of 3 different meats for $19.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I don't see the benefit of attaching an IP to a BBQ restaurant. Putting a BBQ in the America Pavilion makes a lot of sense but having the Sam Eagle tie in doesn't. The IP isn't going to bring any more guests in than just having a BBQ restaurant.

It cheapens the experience for me and actually makes me less likely to eat there because I have an aversion to Disney slapping IP's on random food and I choose not to reward them for those decisions. Like Simba shaped pretzels that have nothing to do with the Lion King. Or the Peter Pan Drink that has nothing to do with Peter Pan.

I don't see the benefit of attaching an IP to a BBQ restaurant. Putting a BBQ in the America Pavilion makes a lot of sense but having the Sam Eagle tie in doesn't. The IP isn't going to bring any more guests in than just having a BBQ restaurant.

It cheapens the experience for me and actually makes me less likely to eat there because I have an aversion to Disney slapping IP's on random food and I choose not to reward them for those decisions. Like Simba shaped pretzels that have nothing to do with the Lion King. Or the Peter Pan Drink that has nothing to do with Peter Pan.
Disney is pandering to their base. The ones that queue up for 2 hours for LE Rose Gold Mouse Ears or a mini F&W cutting board.

Value in prices depends on portion sizes.
Unfortunately many establishments choose to offer heaping portion in support of their prices. Not saying this happens with F&W (I know they are bites not meals but at meal prices) so I am referring to the outside world meaning the tourist places.
Many times I would be happy with a half portion at half the price.

Reactions: Alicia
Unfortunately many establishments choose to offer heaping portion in support of their prices. Not saying this happens with F&W (I know they are bites not meals but at meal prices) so I am referring to the outside world meaning the tourist places.
Many times I would be happy with a half portion at half the price.
WDW kids meals. Great price and comes with a drink!

Reactions: JoeCamel
What a sad downgrade in themed signage (digital sign is now there as IDF will alternate with the BatB sing-a-long)...
beauty-beast-sing-along-sign-france-epcot-01072020-2.jpg

Old Sign:
impressions_of_france.png

What a sad downgrade in themed signage (digital sign is now there as IDF will alternate with the BatB sing-a-long)...
beauty-beast-sing-along-sign-france-epcot-01072020-2.jpg

Old Sign:
impressions_of_france.png

I get the advantages of having a digital sign with dynamic information for something like this but never for the main the sign. That's bizarre.