Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s crazy how two Orlando parks (Epcot and IoA) feel like they’re half construction walls right now.
Great time to be a theme park fan.

IoA really doesn't feel like it is halfway under construction. While Jurassic Park has the walls, it still has direction and is fairly negotiable. Epcot is a mess and it starts at the entrance. When we were there two weeks ago, we kept finding dead ends and difficulty finding our way around. It might have just been us. It didn't help that we got blasted with dust/dirt particles due to high winds that day.

I wholeheartedly agree that it is a great time to be a theme park fan. IoA and Epic Universe are looking great. Disney is adding a number of rides and should be exciting (not taking into account the horrific lines that won't change). Plus, Sea World is adding rides and Busch Gardens Tampa. Central Florida is the place to visit over the next few years at least (plus our regional parks that are also adding rides but FL is open in January when our parks are closed).

Regal Eagle opens today.

Lots of subtle Sam Eagle references. Based on what I see though it’s all in the details and if you aren’t looking, you wouldn’t know a Muppet IP was attached.

Looks a little more Muppety than I hoped but w/e

The grain on the small tables is opposite everything else and it really bugs me. But I'm glad we didn't go full muppet here. Most people won't even realize there's a muppet reference. Can't wait to get bbq in the park.

The grain on the small tables is opposite everything else and it really bugs me. But I'm glad we didn't go full muppet here. Most people won't even realize there's a muppet reference. Can't wait to get bbq in the park.
It's about as Muppet themed as PizzeRizzo... which is mostly just a bland pizzeria theme with muppet theming if you look close enough. That seems to be the case here. Sort of a picnic/bbq vibe with little muppet themed details here and there.

This could've been much worse.

EDIT:
Shade structure over pin central is starting to come down and it already looks better:
epcot-pin-central-tarp-shade-umbrella-removed-6.jpg

Who knew we’d need half of future world to be destroyed for the damn tarps to leave.
And they're completely gutting and blowing out windows/demolishing the entrance at Mouse Gears and the same will likely be done at Electric Umbrella. Both will probably look very different when reopened and i'm betting on expanded indoor seating for Electric Umbrella (or whatever it will be called)

I think in the end the spine is gonna look just fine, if uneven with only hald of communicore left. But let's not pretend like InnoWest was serving any great purpose besides serving Starbucks, Coke tastings and offering a place with A/C. There was nothing much offered in this giant space. And it's not like a new Starbucks and (supposedly) new version of club cool will be opening, anyway.

Is it just me or wasn’t SSE supposed to go down for a major revamp months ago. If it doesn’t go down any time soon, it probably won’t open again until after the 40th anniversary. I guess they are still trying to bring attendance while Epcot is halfway closed.

Is it just me or wasn’t SSE supposed to go down for a major revamp months ago. If it doesn’t go down any time soon, it probably won’t open again until after the 40th anniversary. I guess they are still trying to bring attendance while Epcot is halfway closed.
Rumor is they're waiting for Test Track to come back from it's refurbishment next week. They want all the rides in the rest of the park to be looking really good before they take SSE offline. No word when SSE will be closing for sure though, especially with the influence that the coronavirus is having on the China Parks.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
Rumor is they're waiting for Test Track to come back from it's refurbishment next week. They want all the rides in the rest of the park to be looking really good before they take SSE offline. No word when SSE will be closing for sure though, especially with the influence that the coronavirus is having on the China Parks.

Interesting. It is going to be a weird year, because of the financial loss. I can’t believe I haven’t been thinking about the virus’s effect on the parks here, it makes sense. I’m curious to see how this all plays out.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Only took us to lose things we love. Help.
I get Fountain of Nations. That's a real loss. It's one I feel like could've been avoided, too. Just like how they've worked on the fountain in the main entrance plaza, they could've walled off FoN and worked on it, maybe removed the stupid stage. It's a bit puzzling why it got cut.

Why should anyone care about losing InnoWest at this point, though? It was serving no purpose the last 5 years of it's life that couldn't be moved elsewhere. The only things that were there were Character Spot, Starbucks, Art of Disney, and Club Cool. All of those can easily have new homes elsewhere. Everything in Innoventions West as far as exhibits closed in May 2015. I just think it was a lot of wasted space and i'm just glad that they're doing *something*.