Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Per Jim Hill, as part of the internal push to investigate changing "problematic" attraction at the Disney parks, The American Adventure is at risk (my wording, not his).

Over at the Epcot Experience preview place (Old Odyssey restaurant),, the parts about spaceship earth and Mary Poppins have been removed the since it reopened, for what it's worth.

edit: also the big permanent festival center is gone from the model.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Epcot cementing itself as the worst domestic Disney park! Yet I'm happy SSE won't turn into "all of mankind's achievements culminate in Walt Disney and his company's stories".

Reactions: SpyderDan
what a bummer. not unexpected given current circumstance. Also wonder if this has anything to do with the Splash re-do.

Epcot cementing itself as the worst domestic Disney park! Yet I'm happy SSE won't turn into "all of mankind's achievements culminate in Walt Disney and his company's stories".
...And three days later Walt rose again

Sometimes Disney's revisionist history is cute, and it's almost like watching a kid create a history project with a lot of glitter

I mean, were either of these projects really going to move the needle for you?

I'm actively glad we're not getting the new Spaceship Earth revamp, and I'm indifferent about Poppins, as it sounds like that attraction was thoroughly unambitious to begin with.