Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

I fail to get attached to Epcot because I recognize it’s supposed to be a fluid environment that welcomes change. The new changes are gonna really bring life to that park especially all the trees and gardens which is what I’m most excited about! I’ve always envisioned Epcot like a worlds fair with exhibits/pavilions that can be used to showcase an idea, company, or IP through either a ride, film, shops, or restaurants. If an IP is attached then cool.

This argument that IPs don’t belong in Epcot is a little ridiculous. IPs have always had a home in Epcot just before instead of it being Disney characters it was outside sponsors getting you to buy their stuff. There was nothing wrong with that and neither is there with having Ratatouille in world showcase or Moana in WN.

I’m excited for the changes at Epcot and hopefully they keep the changes coming. If we wanna get mad at something it’s the lack of anything new in that park for so long. And this is coming from someone who loves Epcot’s past, current, and future form.

Anybody know what is up with the Baymax M&G? I had heard that he was going to be leaving on the 9th with a bunch of other things, but a friend sent photos meeting with Baymax yesterday. Did they delay his closing? Can find nothing official on any sites or blogs.

Anybody know what is up with the Baymax M&G? I had heard that he was going to be leaving on the 9th with a bunch of other things, but a friend sent photos meeting with Baymax yesterday. Did they delay his closing? Can find nothing official on any sites or blogs.

Yes, it's closing at a later date, or so I read

I fail to get attached to Epcot because I recognize it’s supposed to be a fluid environment that welcomes change. The new changes are gonna really bring life to that park especially all the trees and gardens which is what I’m most excited about! I’ve always envisioned Epcot like a worlds fair with exhibits/pavilions that can be used to showcase an idea, company, or IP through either a ride, film, shops, or restaurants. If an IP is attached then cool.

This argument that IPs don’t belong in Epcot is a little ridiculous. IPs have always had a home in Epcot just before instead of it being Disney characters it was outside sponsors getting you to buy their stuff. There was nothing wrong with that and neither is there with having Ratatouille in world showcase or Moana in WN.

I’m excited for the changes at Epcot and hopefully they keep the changes coming. If we wanna get mad at something it’s the lack of anything new in that park for so long. And this is coming from someone who loves Epcot’s past, current, and future form.
How is a brand an ip? That doesn't make sense to me within the context we are talking.

So apparently Impressions de France is going to close for infrastructure work on October 2nd. This coming from @Marni1971. Will reopen early next year.

Guess this is to prepare the show building for the beauty & beast sing-along.

Thank God this is alternating with Impressions since this is the only element of the Epcot renovation that i genuinely hate since it, from what I've heard, is focusing less on the original and more on the shitty live action remake.

Guess this is to prepare the show building for the beauty & beast sing-along.

Thank God this is alternating with Impressions since this is the only element of the Epcot renovation that i genuinely hate since it, from what I've heard, is focusing less on the original and more on the shitty live action remake.
It’s also to prepare for the new version of IDF...

If I miss both Impressions and Spaceship Earth in January, that'll really put a damper on the day at Epcot.

Have there been any indications yet when Wonders of China is going down?