Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Impressions de France is closing today (October 2nd) for upgrades to the projection system and a new pre-show exhibit. When it reopens in January 2020, the Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long will debut along with the return of Impressions. According to Chapek, BatB and Impressions will alternate, so we'll see if that stays true or if the very likely high GSATs that BatB receives ultimately pushes Impressions out for good. Would be a travesty if that happened.

Impressions de France is closing today (October 2nd) for upgrades to the projection system and a new pre-show exhibit. When it reopens in January 2020, the Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long will debut along with the return of Impressions. According to Chapek, BatB and Impressions will alternate, so we'll see if that stays true or if the very likely high GSATs that BatB receives ultimately pushes Impressions out for good. Would be a travesty if that happened.
Not for nothing, but...try the grey stuff! It's delicious! :thumbsup:
"If it ain't Chapeked, it ain't Disney!"

I dunno man, I get it’s historic and all but what do you expect them to do with a giant metal globe?? Seems like much more trouble than it’s worth to transport and keep around somewhere. I know everything related to this park brings out the Anti-Disney contrarians but this is kinda ridiculous.

Test Track's going down in January...

Test Track Closing for Refurbishment in January 2020 - Blog Mickey

I very much hope this implies that Spaceship Earth won't be closing for its revamp until after Test Track comes back in February. To have two major rides down at the same time (plus the void still left from Universe of Energy) would really make Future World feel dead... or, depending on how you feel about it, deader than it already does.

I would expect the rest of Future World to feel considerably more crowded without Test Track absorbing bodies.

I also expect Frozen and Soarin' FastPasses will be much harder to get.
It’s only a 1.5 month refurb and it’s when crowds are typically low at Epcot anyway.