Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Not really all that close to the skyliner. To get to here from the Skyliner you have to enter the park, go though UK and Canada and into Future World.

It's smack in the middle of FW and WS, one of the only locations in FW not being affected by construction and along a main path. It makes a lot of sense to put it here.

Closer than Innoventions!

No. Although at the coca-Cola store in Disney Springs they have samples, but you have to pay for them.
No, but you can of course hit up the Coke bar at Disney Springs.

I don't think I can justify making somebody pay for that. And I'm certainly not paying for it!

Disney did say the free samples were coming back to Epcot at some point, though, didn't they?

Closer than Innoventions!
This is still only the temporary Starbucks. However, I wouldn't be surprised if one gets built in Main Future World and then one in World Showcase, possibly very close to the Skyliner as you are suggesting.

Although, you have to remember that Joffrey's has a coffee agreement with Disney too and I think Joffrey's has World Showcase and Starbucks has Future World. Although that doesn't stop Starbucks from opening shop at the International Gateway.

I don't think I can justify making somebody pay for that. And I'm certainly not paying for it!

Disney did say the free samples were coming back to Epcot at some point, though, didn't they?
Yes, they are at some point, but it hasn't been confirmed when.

This is still only the temporary Starbucks. However, I wouldn't be surprised if one gets built in Main Future World and then one in World Showcase, possibly very close to the Skyliner as you are suggesting.

Although, you have to remember that Joffrey's has a coffee agreement with Disney too and I think Joffrey's has World Showcase and Starbucks has Future World. Although that doesn't stop Starbucks from opening shop at the International Gateway.

Yes, they are at some point, but it hasn't been confirmed when.

Pretty sure there's a Joffreys over by Test Track.

From @Marni1971 over on the Magical site. This was the proposal for Future World that we didn't get:
nhM0Obn.jpg

Communicore buildings would've been split up like this:
NE Food and drink (various), SE shopping, SW meet n greet, NW expo

So basically in this version, instead of building a whole new structure for special events, Disney would've converted the North West corner of Communicore into an events area.

Last edited:
This has to be one of the most clunky designs I have seen disney execute. Two large lamps on the same walls just a few feet apart to what end. Why isn’t it just one on either side on the entrance columns? The brown and muddy yellow... the green trim of the roof facing... it’s a mess...

That yellow is hideous. I hope that it's just how the camera is reading it and it really is more beige instead of poppin' YELLOW!!!!