Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Good for Disney. I see no reason for Universal to cave.
A deal simply for the rights to BP is not out of the question.

Universal holds a lot of leverage in what they can demand in a deal like this so if they get what they deem a good return, I can see it happening.

Reactions: Ryan
In another 5 years they’ll all be outdated anyway. Bet you they start rebooting the MCU with new actors after a few more phases.
Yeah, that's the long range problem with MCU. One reason I'd rather have the traditional animation for MSHI. Plus, cartoon characters are cheaper to work with and are less tempermental & demanding. . :)

SHURI BECOMES IRONHEART PLZ!
We shall see how much she interacts with Tony in Infinity Wars if any. I mean she and T’Challa could create their own armor. I’m assuming T’challa is as smart as he is in the comics in the MCU even though they didn’t really show it in BP.

In another 5 years they’ll all be outdated anyway. Bet you they start rebooting the MCU with new actors after a few more phases.

Yeah, that's the long range problem with MCU. One reason I'd rather have the traditional animation for MSHI. Plus, cartoon characters are cheaper to work with and are less tempermental & demanding. . :)

True true. I’m thinking RDJ and Evans are done after Infinity Wars 2.
The MCU is one giant story. It will eventually wrap up, but with the X-Men now in play, i'm not sure that anyone knows when it'll be. I mean, they don't NEED Iron Man and Thor for the MCU to thrive. Cap is very likely to continue on in the body of Bucky Barnes and Hulk can be a straight up CGI character if they want (ex: Thor: Ragnorak) and a Black Widow movie script is being written, which means Scarlett Johansson is safe going forward.

I also think it's worth noting that they will have the Gotg, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man + Wasp, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Scarlett Witch, Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier/Captain America?, Hulk, + X-Men.

All of those I just listed are likely to be around post-Avengers 4 and it's more than a formidable group of superheros.

Isn't the contract that all business must be conducted in good faith? I don't see any reason for Universal/Comcast to simply pound their feet and say no on a character that they're barely using, as much as we want to think that Universal is actually that cutthroat. Obviously the rights to Spiderman, Hulk, Iron Man, Fantastic Four (including Doctor Doom), Xmen, Captain America are an absolute no-go because, you know, they're prominently featured in attractions and eateries. But I can't see why Uni would refuse literally any deal that Disney approaches them with as much as I'm convinced Disney already contacted them about Guardians and worked that out.

We also have the fact that Comcast might be butting in on the Fox deal which actually may result in a selling of properties to Comcast, such as The Simpsons as it doesn't exactly fit Disney's brand. This could factor into the actual conversations between Uni and Disney. Remember that the attraction, much like Guardians, doesn't necessarily have to be solely tied around the superhero himself. The world of Wakanda could be the subject instead, thus making it less a Black Panther property and more of a "property set in the world of Black Panther". I don't see any reason to see that this could never happen.

Isn't the contract that all business must be conducted in good faith? I don't see any reason for Universal/Comcast to simply pound their feet and say no on a character that they're barely using, as much as we want to think that Universal is actually that cutthroat. Obviously the rights to Spiderman, Hulk, Iron Man, Fantastic Four (including Doctor Doom), Xmen, Captain America are an absolute no-go because, you know, they're prominently featured in attractions and eateries. But I can't see why Uni would refuse literally any deal that Disney approaches them with as much as I'm convinced Disney already contacted them about Guardians and worked that out.

We also have the fact that Comcast might be butting in on the Fox deal which actually may result in a selling of properties to Comcast, such as The Simpsons as it doesn't exactly fit Disney's brand. This could factor into the actual conversations between Uni and Disney. Remember that the attraction, much like Guardians, doesn't necessarily have to be solely tied around the superhero himself. The world of Wakanda could be the subject instead, thus making it less a Black Panther property and more of a "property set in the world of Black Panther". I don't see any reason to see that this could never happen.

I think the simple reason is that if they allow Disney to build it, it could result in more people going to Disney and less going to Universal.

I love the idea that @Disneyhead proposed about Disney selling tickets for Universal at WDW. You could take it a step further and even have Disney providing buses to the Universal.

It would be quite the spectacle to see a Disney bus pulling into the resort.

I think the simple reason is that if they allow Disney to build it, it could result in more people going to Disney and less going to Universal.

While I understand that, it doesn't really help anyone if the two aren't willing to try and see if a solution, or a deal could be made possible. In other words, Universal/Comcast could also seek something on their end as well. It's not as cut-and-dry as in "nope sorry, not happening, not ever", at least in this specific situation.

I don't doubt Universal's ability to say no, I just think it's a bit myopic to think that will be their only answer.

Reactions: Scott W.
While I understand that, it doesn't really help anyone if the two aren't willing to try and see if a solution, or a deal could be made possible. In other words, Universal/Comcast could also seek something on their end as well. It's not as cut-and-dry as in "nope sorry, not happening, not ever", at least in this specific situation.

I don't doubt Universal's ability to say no, I just think it's a bit myopic to think that will be their only answer.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a deal being made. Universal saying no only benefits them. Universal saying yes benefits both and we reap the rewards as guests.

Part of me hates the whole Marvel situation, the MCU has so much potential and the contract is restricting it.

Reactions: Ryan
Eh, Marvel is super uninteresting to me now

The Universal rides do a great job of representing the comics

Disney is going to squeeze Marvel until it can't anymore

It will be interesting to see what happens after

Reactions: tankart150

Then what’s the point of the contract? When does it stop dissolving? Contracts are tested and fought and the legal decisions hold them up. Universal should not let Disney have the rights to the characters Universal uses. Stop acting like Universal shouldn’t have a spine here.