Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Well I certainly hope Disney adds Black Panther to Epcot. I finally saw the movie this weekend and think the whole technological feel of Wakanda would fit right in. I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t want this, it’s not like Universal is ever going to add a Black Panther ride to their parks.

Well I certainly hope Disney adds Black Panther to Epcot. I finally saw the movie this weekend and think the whole technological feel of Wakanda would fit right in. I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t want this, it’s not like Universal is ever going to add a Black Panther ride to their parks.

Doesn't matter about want, it's a matter of legality.

Black Panther belongs to Universal. Wakanda may be tricky, but I don't think anyone wants a Wakanda attraction without its core characters.

Doesn't matter about want, it's a matter of legality.

Black Panther belongs to Universal. Wakanda may be tricky, but I don't think anyone wants a Wakanda attraction without its core characters.

I know. My comment was more so wishful thinking that a deal can be made.

Black Panther would work amazingly showing off science and technology in the wonders of life pavilion, like at the end of the film. Simple character add in that would be work well.

Allow me to ask this, if T'Challa isn't possible, what about Shuri and Okoye (and to an extent, Killmonger)?

If they can get away with using Wakanda as the base of a simulator, perhaps it can be hosted by Shuri as it depicts a battle against Erik Killmonger via by as seen in the third act by Martain Freemans character, being in one of the Wakandan airships?

Allow me to ask this, if T'Challa isn't possible, what about Shuri and Okoye (and to an extent, Killmonger)?

If they can get away with using Wakanda as the base of a simulator, perhaps it can be hosted by Shuri as it depicts a battle against Erik Killmonger via by as seen in the third act by Martain Freemans character, being in one of the Wakandan airships?

Pretty sure Killmonger off-limits as an existing BP (and therefore Avengers/F4) villain. Ditto Kang and whatever Man-Ape's new politically correct name is.

Okoye and Shuri tougher calls. Latter is definitely post-contract, not sure about former. WDW did use a post-contract supporting character once--Iron Patriot--but only at Disney Springs and only for one night.

Basically, the lawyers would get involved. And it's one thing to roll the dice on a week-long meet & greet, another on a land built around an E-ticket attraction. Also I echo Brian's thought, you don't build Wakanda without its king.

Pretty sure Killmonger off-limits as an existing BP (and therefore Avengers/F4) villain. Ditto Kang and whatever Man-Ape's new politically correct name is.

Okoye and Shuri tougher calls. Latter is definitely post-contract, not sure about former. WDW did use a post-contract supporting character once--Iron Patriot--but only at Disney Springs and only for one night.

Basically, the lawyers would get involved. And it's one thing to roll the dice on a week-long meet & greet, another on a land built around an E-ticket attraction. Also I echo Brian's thought, you don't build Wakanda without its king.
I would agree. Those villains were around during the really early BP days.

Yeah, building Wakanda without T’Challa would be like building SNW without Mario.

Wakanda in Tomorrowland is great. Wakanda in Future World, no. (or in Animal Kingdom or in World Showcase, or whatever)
I personally couldn't see Wakanda in Tomorrowland. I think the African vibes would make the land a little too similar to Adventureland.

According to Martin, the land will at least have a general identity that will look good once completed as long as they don’t kill it.

Personally, I think with TSL being a thing, it’s time for Buzz to go (and MILF is something that from day 1 should’ve been in DHS), but I imagine the GSATs on both attractions are very high, which is what they pay attention to.

As for CoP, it is slated for an update soon (final scene). Was supposed to happen last year, keeps getting pushed off. When/if it ever happens will be a day long overdue. Also a bit of shock.
I agree with you on MILF. It's so strange that it's in Tomorrowland.

I really like Buzz, so I'd be sad to see it go. I feel like it wouldn't take a ton of overhauling (basically, just queue work) to make it fit Tomorrowland more properly.