Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Add Theme Park Insider, which says Disney has confirmed the new restaurant.

Disney World confirms site for Epcot's new space-themed restaurant

Image_WDW_Space%20Restaurant.jpg

Like IPs slipping in, that boat sailed years ago. Rather than fighting it, the effort now should be making the IPs and drinking spots worth visiting.
This is my stance.

Disney obviously isn’t going to go back to the days of all original attractions. Everything is going to be IP now. There’s no changing IPs coming to the park, but what we can hope for is proper placement. As long as the IP fits the spot it’s in, it doesn’t bother me.

Hopefully we never have another Frozen.

Hopefully we never have another Frozen.

Agree mostly, but you really think more cultural research went into Panchito Pistoles* than Frozen? For that matter, how many Brits you think name a children's sci fi show and ancient children's book when asked about the pinnacle of their culture? Would much preferred an Arrendale addition to Fantasyland, but as I said, the IPs have been seeping into EPCOT for decades, I find her no more offensive than anything else in World Showcase.

* "Pistoles" is not even Spanish! They made a wild, gun-toting, "We don't need no steeenkin' badges" caricature, and they didn't even given him a proper Spanish name!

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Agree mostly, but you really think more cultural research went into Panchito Pistoles* than Frozen? For that matter, how many Brits you think name a children's sci fi show and ancient children's book when asked about the pinnacle of their culture? Would much preferred an Arrendale addition to Fantasyland, but as I said, the IPs have been seeping into EPCOT for decades, I find her no more offensive than anything else in World Showcase.

* "Pistoles" is not even Spanish! They made a wild, gun-toting, "We don't need no steeenkin' badges" caricature, and they didn't even given him a proper Spanish name!
They originally did and meant to. It’s suppzoed to be Spanish for pistols (pistolas), but it was modified because other cultures had difficulties pronouncing the name.

Reactions: SeventyOne