Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm sure it would take time (if that plan is still happening). I just would have thought they'd want Epcot in as pristine condition as possible for that park's anniversary.

Yeah I would think so as well, but its MK birthday, not IPCOT. They could use the construction as "the future of Disney" marketing to go off on the momentum of MKs Bday

Epcot's anniversary is 2022. I would hope most of the redo is done by then. I don't they will do it all at once.
The thing of it is and why it has been pushed back is because even WDI doesn't know what they are doing still! The longer it takes them to figure it out, the farther back the completion date becomes.

I'm sure they will aim to have most of it done by Epcot's 40th (Hell, that's late 2022 anyway), but I wouldn't be surprised if things aren't completely finished.

Changes in the post-show could simply be because of the Siemens sponsorship being over.

However it is accurate that another SSE overhaul is in the works, but I wouldn't expect it for quite some time still unless it gets fast-tracked.
I would imagine we would get it in time for the Anniversary, right?

SSE is Epcot's thesis attraction and it seems like an overhaul would be important in telling the story that Epcot is a "new" park

I would imagine we would get it in time for the Anniversary, right?

SSE is Epcot's thesis attraction and it seems like an overhaul would be important in telling the story that Epcot is a "new" park
Martin has said it is slated for "the next half-decade". I can definitely see them going for a 40th anniversary opening in 2022 or maybe just after in 2023 (Brazil is supposed to be the big thing for the 40th right now). I can see them doing a new SSE and then finally getting around to a new Imagination by somewhere around 2025.

The last time SSE got an update was for the 25th anniversary, meaning this version will have been the longest running version by a decent amount.

I miss the AT&T ending. Cheesy as it was, at least it had real stuff to look at. Sick of the little cartoon screen.

I rode the thing before guests as I was placed there as a CP. It was so disappointing.

Oh well, at least the music is really good and I ended up getting a transfer to Jungle Cruise

Cool! Germany's my favorite pavilion so if Brazil ends up with a quality attraction that just gives me more of a reason to make the trek around the showcase.
If it actually ends up with an attraction seems to be an unknown still, but would seem underwhelming without one. It also would be a missed opportunity as from the Outpost all the way until the Italy Pavilion, there's no attractions at all, not even circlevision films or anything like that. It's the largest such stretch without a ride or show around World Showcase.

Just build the old Project Gemini Rainforest coaster back there.

(Actually this would rule please do that)
I hadn't thought about it for some reason, but yeah, Brazil is actually a really easy country to do an original attraction for with the Rainforest and everything. Then add a sports bar for Soccer, a Brazilian Steakhouse and some Samba dancers for entertainment and you've got yourself a well-rounded pavilion.

I wonder what other countries could have an attraction with an IP ? China could have something Mulan related.