Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Correct. That much we already had heard. As well as them adding modern projection mapping effects to the dome scene at the very top. Being closed for more than 2 years, and the post-show building being rebuilt is new info though. Exciting and strange times ahead for this park.
-_-

Projection mapping on the dome feels wholly unnecessary.

The more they try to "update" this ride, the kitschier it gets. The "original" had such a timeless simplicity to it. The most they ever should have done is improve some of the full-body animatronics (Greece, specifically) and modernize tech (4K projection and digital audio).

-_-

Projection mapping on the dome feels wholly unnecessary.

The more they try to "update" this ride, the kitschier it gets. The "original" had such a timeless simplicity to it. The most they ever should have done is improve some of the full-body animatronics (Greece, specifically) and modernize tech (4K projection and digital audio).
Maybe we'll finally get the space station scene at the end if they use mapping effects to create it realistically?

This rumor scares me. I have absolutely no faith in a Chapek-managed team being able to do something that doesn't damage the ride, thematically or emotionally. Now, I think there is absolutely room to improve the attraction (the descent, in particular), but is Chapek going to do it right? I see no evidence to support the notion that he even knows what "doing it right" means.

If they ruin this ride (my favorite in the park), I think I'll be done with Epcot for a long time.

This rumor scares me. I have absolutely no faith in a Chapek-managed team being able to do something that doesn't damage the ride, thematically or emotionally. Now, I think there is absolutely room to improve the attraction (the descent, in particular), but is Chapek going to do it right? I see no evidence to support the notion that he even knows what "doing it right" means.

If they ruin this ride (my favorite in the park), I think I'll be done with Epcot for a long time.
I’ve been fine with every interation of the ride so far. I want to believe this is the one attraction that I can trust will be updated with the utmost respect to its history and importance to the park.

Plus, literally anything would have to be better than the annoying cartoons for the descent.

I want to believe this is the one attraction that I can trust will be updated with the utmost respect to its history and importance to the park.

I want to believe that, too. But "respect to its history and importance to the park" is a phrase I believe would be totally foreign to the people currently making the decisions.

YES! Vic Perrin (original narrator) and Jeremy Irons were my favorites. Hated when they canned "Tomorrows Child" ending to put up black curtains and the interactive screens.
Hopefully the updates will include more recent technological advances and WILL NOT include any Disney characters.
This ride, along with COP, is something that should be refreshed and updated but NOT radically changed.

Technically "Tomorrow's child" was no longer there during the Jeremy Irons version, but it did have actual scenes, etc.

My choices for narrator:

Patrick Stewart
Neil Degrasse Tyson
whoever narrated the original "Seas" movie from The Living Seas, she was brilliant!