Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's a shame Alan Rickman passed away, he would have been a great narrator. Disney will probably use "The Rock".
David Attenborough would be a good choice too before we lose him.
I choose John Malkovich.

...I'm somewhat surprised to see a lack of Kurt Russel or even a Sir Anthony Hopkins.

Is there the remotest chance they will replace the ride system with something more smooth and less clanky?

In the article, they mentioned a possible retrack.

Honestly, it would explain the downtime length, considering BTM when that went down at DL had a significant amount due to them retracking that attraction completely.

Oh boy, I can't wait for it to turn out being a roller coaster; thus getting people angry that it's a Eurosat clone! ;)

A brave new vison of epcot :grin:
Europa-Park-Frankreich-News.jpg

I’m excited for an update to Projections at the top of the ride. That scene should be dramatic and awe-ing, but unfortunately it seems just a little dingy nowadays.

But the use of the term “projection mapping” could mean two things:

1) There is some sort of physical set that is going in to that scene

2) The projections are simply being updated and the journalist doesn’t quite understand “projection mapping”.

I’m honestly fine with either, but #1 really makes me wonder what they’re thinking

If only Christopher Lee hadn't passed away. How about Benedict Cumberbatch or Ian McKellin? It's Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit meet Epcot.

Surprised that you didn't make a Doc Strange/Magneto joke as opposed to LoTR/Hobbit. ;)

Honestly, in my guessing..
  • Sir Anthony Hopkins
  • Sir Ian Mckellen
  • Benedict Cumberbatch
  • Morgan Freeman
  • Julie Andrews
  • Ellen

Last edited:
Reactions: SkiBum
Surprised that you didn't make a Doc Strange/Magneto joke as opposed to LoTR/Hobbit. ;)

Honestly, in my guessing..
  • Sir Anthony Hopkins
  • Sir Ian Mckellin
  • Benedict Cumberbatch
  • Morgan Freeman
  • Julie Andrews
  • Ellen

Dang it all, another missed opportunity. I got hung up on the whole LoTR land that so many want in Universal with a reference to Disney that I couldn't see past it.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Dang it all, another missed opportunity. I got hung up on the whole LoTR land that so many want in Universal with a reference to Disney that I couldn't see past it.
giphy.gif

Honestly, to explain my guessing..I think they'll want to go with a large name, one that can give the attraction a form of..legitimacy, if you will.

That's not to say the current narration by Judi Dench doesn't, because it does. But I think with the revamp of Spaceship Earth, they will keep to that but with someone new.

Hopkins, McKellen, Freeman, and Andrews would do that marvelously IMO; and my choice would honestly be Hopkins.

So in that article, they note that the Future World redo no longer reflects the concept art that they had released. Does that mean they won't be adding all the trees? They desperately could use some shade in the area.

So in that article, they note that the Future World redo no longer reflects the concept art that they had released. Does that mean they won't be adding all the trees? They desperately could use some shade in the area.
That concept art was kinda just thrown together as a sample of what could be done, and didn’t reflect any actual plans at the time. Imagineering has likely created new art that would be more build ready, and less blue sky.

More trees, less concrete, and running water were some of the ideas they’ve been working with. I would assume/hope those concepts were continued from the blue sky art to the real plans.

Apple should sponsor SSE. I mean, Jobs is already featured in it and with a very good Disney/Apple relationship already, Disney has the benefit of having a rich sponsor and Apple gets to promote and possible showcase their products.

Apple should sponsor SSE. I mean, Jobs is already featured in it and with a very good Disney/Apple relationship already, Disney has the benefit of having a rich sponsor and Apple gets to promote and possible showcase their products.

Apple are incredibly tight with money and they don't need the promotion.
:?:.....That return to the cold Scottish air is starting to have a detrimental effect. :lol::)

Time is moving considerably slower now.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Apple is definetely not tight for money. They’re sitting on one of the largest piles of corporate cash in the states. Aka. Money they have but don’t have any plan on spending

That’s pretty much what I said. They have plenty of money but they don’t spend it.

This is the same company who removed the lightning to 3.5mm jack on all their new and existing phones. Something that costs them pennies to make.