Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just a thought, and for laughs. I know this is not happening.

WoL: Pym Technologies Showcase (Ant-Man)
Imagination: The Orlando Sanctum With Doctor Strange Based 4D Show & Trackless Ride (Could Potentially Include Thor)
Mission Space: Captain Marvel Based Ride
Test Track: Shield Pavillion With Some Avengers-Based Ride
The Land: Wakandan Technology Showcase (With Soarin' Over Wakanda)
UOE: Guardians
SSE: Something With Iron Man and Spiderman/ Stark Industries
Communicore/Innoventions: Stark Industries Showcase Or Just Tear It Down.

Only one i'm stuck on is The Seas (If Only Aquaman Was Marvel)

Hope you understand this is not possible due to the MCA/Marvel contract.

With Disney getting 21st Century Fox, I could see MS getting a "The Martian" tie-in. Get Matt Damon to do a new pre-show as Mark Watney.

Like how the ride at first was based on Mission to Mars starring Gary Sinese?

Reactions: Disneyhead
On an unrelated note, I can't wait for the Epcot Hotel to look just as bad as either the River Country hotel, or the DLR 4th hotel that just got cancelled a week back. ;)

Man, your Mr. Positive huh?

Did you all see the proposal for the new Swan and Dolphin building? Makes this look like a 5 star resort.
Seems to be what they want to build all over.

Stop it with the Marvel guys as I believe GOTG is going to be the only attraction related to it in WDW.

I mean, Marvel has a few other properties than Guardians that would possibly break the hold (looks at Strange & BH6), but yeah; I have some..doubts, for the time being that we'd see more from Marvel at WDW.

Honestly, I completely get The Martian getting a tie-in, include Matt Damon & Ridley Scott; and time it with the Epcot Space restaurant. You don't have to change the film if you wanted too as-well, considering it's recent nature.

Reactions: HPFred
Honestly, I completely get The Martian getting a tie-in, include Matt Damon & Ridley Scott; and time it with the Epcot Space restaurant. You don't have to change the film if you wanted too as-well, considering it's recent nature.
I’m sure ideas like this are on the table. Any time you acquire new content, you look for new ways to profit off of your newly acquired IP.

Not to my knowledge, just like how Hulk can’t have a solo movie except through Universal. I could be wrong and semi hope so cause Namor is awesome and would make one hell of a threat in a new fantastic four but fingers crossed.

Not to my knowledge, just like how Hulk can’t have a solo movie except through Universal. I could be wrong and semi hope so cause Namor is awesome and would make one hell of a threat in a new fantastic four but fingers crossed.

Not trying to stray further off topic here, but I've never heard that about the Hulk. Universal had nothing to do with the last solo movie they made. I just don't think Marvel believes in the concept at the moment.

Just found this from back in April. Kevin Feige Admits Namor Movies Rights Are Complicated

I’d like Jungle Book in Asia at DAK. India in WS when you have Asia in DAK with a relatively strong Indian and SE Asian influence seems redundant.

I’d like Poppins in UK

I’d like Mount Fuji in Japan

I’d like Coco in Mexico

I’d like a new pavilion. Russia preferred but Brazil would be ok.

No thx to Guardians, but it is what it is.

Italy, Morocco, China, Germany and Canada are ok as is to me, but could add something later.

Im also ok with Ratatouille but would have much rather had Hunchback of Notre Dame.

That’s my .02

Not trying to stray further off topic here, but I've never heard that about the Hulk. Universal had nothing to do with the last solo movie they made. I just don't think Marvel believes in the concept at the moment.
Universal was behind both Hulk(2003) w/ Eric Bana and The Incredible Hulk(2008) w/ Edward Norton. Universal still owns the solo movie rights which is why Disney has never actually even entertained the idea of producing a solo Hulk even with the character becoming a fan favorite. Namor movie and theme park rights last I knew were with Universal.

With that said I agree and am sorry for going a little off topic.