Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, but then who do they really think they're fooling with that? The people who actually care about the "theme" of Epcot can see right through it. So why bother with the pretense of keeping true to classic Epcot ideals at all? That's what is really strange to me.

Perhaps.

But the sad thing, if that's true, is that it should not be difficult to come up with a cohesive vision for the park that actually does honor its legacy while also bringing in some "relevant" IPs in ways that fit. It can absolutely be done.

There is a set of Disney fans who do not care about theme parks. That is who this is for. Theme doesn’t matter it’s about brands and merch. I think it’s lazy and dumb to cater to that crowd but the bets are on that the “others” will come on board too.

So supposedly the new China circlevision movie will be similar to the current one, but will feature Mushu as a narrator.
What a bummer. Reflections of China is an awesome hidden gem, imo. "Li Bai" is a great host for romantically painting a picture of China through his poems and words. I just hope they keep some form of the score by Richard Bellis. That music is absolutely beautiful.

So supposedly the new China circlevision movie will be similar to the current one, but will feature Mushu as a narrator.
giphy.gif

And wouldn't there be some kind of controversy about an African American actor narrating a show about China and its culture? That seems like exactly the sort of thing that certain corners of the online world would push back against.

Even if no controversy, it feels a little weird.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

And wouldn't there be some kind of controversy about an African American actor narrating a show about China and its culture? That seems like exactly the sort of thing that certain corners of the online world would push back against.

Even if no controversy, it feels a little weird.
No controversy. Mushu isn't black, in the same way Eddie Murphy isn't a donkey.

I never spent any time in The Odyssey, so I have no gauge to measure whether or not the changes are an improvement. Looks kind of like fairly generic meeting space.

I decided to come to the park on a whim after initially wanting to go to DHS. When I looked at DHS’ wait times (all of which were 50 minutes or more), I decided to go to Epcot. I was only there from 3-6 and managed to ride Living with the Land, Imagination, Nemo, Soarin, and SSE. We also stopped for a quick lunch at La Cantina in Mexico and at the DVC lounge.

Not bad for a few hour escape out of the house. I was able to get on Soarin’ by getting a FP+ less than two hours out. Ratatouille and GotG will really freshen up the parks offerings though, that’s for sure.