Evil Dead Rise (HHN 2023) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Evil Dead Rise (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's hyperbole, c'mon now lol
Compared to Chucky or last of us? The maze felt basic

If I could go back in time and do Chucky twice or this maze once? 100 Percent Chucky, it's on another level.

I know people love the film and Evil Dead as an IP (I saw the Musical in Vegas) but I went through the maze and it was fine but not as scary as something like Exorcist, not as interesting as Chucky or Last of Us sets and not fun or with Energy like the Terror Tram or Monstruos.

When people ask me or text me which mazes to do, this is the one maze I say skip. It's a solid....fine maze but this year's even had some very very good mazes so when compared it feels like the odd one out

Compared to Chucky or last of us? The maze felt basic

If I could go back in time and do Chucky twice or this maze once? 100 Percent Chucky, it's on another level.

I know people love the film and Evil Dead as an IP (I saw the Musical in Vegas) but I went through the maze and it was fine but not as scary as something like Exorcist, not as interesting as Chucky or Last of Us sets and not fun or with Energy like the Terror Tram or Monstruos.

When people ask me or text me which mazes to do, this is the one maze I say skip. It's a solid....fine maze but this year's even had some very very good mazes so when compared it feels like the odd one out
Tbh I think it suffers heavily from how the line is operated, in almost every case I've been through it theyre just jamming people in there, only stopping for RIP tours. It's nice to keep the line moving, and I've never waited more than 20 minutes for it, but it decreases the quality of the experience. I did it as a final run within 5 minutes of the park closing last night, completely empty, and was immediately far better than it had been previously.
That said, having Horror Hotel last year also makes it easy to overlook a lot of it, since we've technically seen it before. It makes it difficult to think about Evil Dead's design on its own terms.

Tbh I think it suffers heavily from how the line is operated, in almost every case I've been through it theyre just jamming people in there, only stopping for RIP tours. It's nice to keep the line moving, and I've never waited more than 20 minutes for it, but it decreases the quality of the experience. I did it as a final run within 5 minutes of the park closing last night, completely empty, and was immediately far better than it had been previously.
That said, having Horror Hotel last year also makes it easy to overlook a lot of it, since we've technically seen it before. It makes it difficult to think about Evil Dead's design on its own terms.
To me your making my point

Its not bad for a 20 minute wait. Sure, which is why it's the lowest on my list.

I don't think it's a bad maze, just kinda fine in an event with some really impressive mazes.

But if someone didn't do UHH last year, I would 100% without hesitation recommend that maze.
Heck, even if someone did do UHH last year, I still highly recommend it because it has some of the best scareactors in the event. There's a 5x scare room -- I don't think any other maze this year has that.
It's a maze that really comes down to the timing and I had a wonderful run through. Funny enough, I had a great one on night one of UHH last year, then it got worse throughout the season.
But point being, the maze isn't garbage or even basic in comparison to the others -- ESPECIALLY not compared to Exterminatorz -- it's just missing a unique factor because it's familiar. Without that familiarity, the maze is still very strong. It's definitely still of HHN quality, I wouldn't even say anywhere near KSF quality. And with the line always short, no reason not to hit it.

I just didn't love this maze. It's not bad to me it's just kinda basic and feel like we could have just had a more interesting theme.

For sure, 100% Demon Slayer would have been a much better time (I know it was a rumor) but my point is this maze would have easily been the maze I could have seen be anything else and be ok with it.

If you enjoy it cool but compared to the mazes we got this year, it feels like Six Flags compared to the quality of mazes like Chucky and Last of Us
Dude....Six Flags!? I mean, it's one of the weaker houses by virtue of it feeling too similar to UHH (Though I got a decent runthrough last night), but comparing it to Sux Flags is pretty ridiculous.

Besides, you can't compare this to Six Flags because at least this house opened when the event started. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: DTH
But if someone didn't do UHH last year, I would 100% without hesitation recommend that maze.
Heck, even if someone did do UHH last year, I still highly recommend it because it has some of the best scareactors in the event. There's a 5x scare room -- I don't think any other maze this year has that.
It's a maze that really comes down to the timing and I had a wonderful run through. Funny enough, I had a great one on night one of UHH last year, then it got worse throughout the season.
But point being, the maze isn't garbage or even basic in comparison to the others -- ESPECIALLY not compared to Exterminatorz -- it's just missing a unique factor because it's familiar. Without that familiarity, the maze is still very strong. It's definitely still of HHN quality, I wouldn't even say anywhere near KSF quality. And with the line always short, no reason not to hit it.

I didnt do UHH last year and I thought it was fantastic lol

Reactions: DTH