F9 (Fast & Furious 9) | Inside Universal Forums

F9 (Fast & Furious 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"My ass is en fuego!" :lol: I thought the Hobbs and Shaw trailer was pretty damn good, but this is even better. Sign me up!

Are trailers normally 4 minutes long? Or is this one just extra long?

Media got to see it in the US and the reviews are very divisive. Some calling it the worst in the franchise and some calling it a blast. My sense from the trailer is that the franchise has completely jumped the shark, but I havent seen it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Media got to see it in the US and the reviews are very divisive. Some calling it the worst in the franchise and some calling it a blast. My sense from the trailer is that the franchise has completely jumped the shark, but I havent seen it.

Most of the trailer only showcases the first 20 minutes of the movie.

I think the issue with the film is because they go hard on backstory this film that for some, its way too emotional pandering and exhausting when you are expecting to watch a really fun movie to turn your brain off but the last 30 minute action sequence is pure cinema. A must watch on a big screen and if you are really gutsy, watch in 4DX.

Most of the trailer only showcases the first 20 minutes of the movie.

I think the issue with the film is because they go hard on backstory this film that for some, its way too emotional pandering and exhausting when you are expecting to watch a really fun movie to turn your brain off but the last 30 minute action sequence is pure cinema. A must watch on a big screen and if you are really gutsy, watch in 4DX.
The thing for me is, I don't care if it's the first 20 minutes or the final 30, once cars are flying as seen in the trailer, we've just escaped all sense of reality even within the world of Fast & Furious when you consider that Tej is a character that is the one always talking telling everyone to trust the math and science of it all, but there is literally no science behind launching a car to outerspace.

If it's going to just be absolute nonsensical no rules action films where you REALLY need to turn your brain off, then i'd rather see that Jurassic World/Fast & Furious crossover that they were joking about because frankly that sounds WAY more interesting to me than whatever this movie is.

And yes, I could totally change my mind after seeing the movie, I just normally can get a good read based on trailers and with the mixed reviews, I think I have a general sense on what this movie is and it sort of sounds almost like Rise of Skywalker level of just throwing things against the wall.

Reactions: SeventyOne