Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Falcon's Fury

Ohh its closed again... J/K I am pretty sure SeaWorld parks dropped any possible Moser additions just like I would expect Universal to do with Maurer Sohne. If the Pitfall or excuse me Falcons Fury (WHO THE HELL IS NAMING STUFF IN BGT NOW, I WANT THERE HEAD) falls through, no pun intended. Then I would think we see either an S&S combo tower or just a new Intamin Freefall attraction.

Ive been told this was cancelled due to numerous issues with BGW freefall attraction. No new ride for 2013 it looks like.

Not that its breaking my heart, the one at BGW was fun, but it would have been a good crowd eater, Just dont think they could have went as high with the airport so close anyway

I'm not surprised they didn't go through with this after all the problems they had with Mach Tower.
If they were smart they'd just use a more reliable company.

Late 2013 to Mid 2014 - Drop Tower / Desert Dive - Planning - (2/21/13) Busch Gardens posted their list of 2013 Attraction Rehab dates (see above) and I noticed something very interesting that could involve the new rumored drop tower ride. On June 19th, four attractions in Timbuktu are slated to close down, all at once: Sandstorm, Bush Flyers, Desert Runners and the Kiddie Train. While the rehab on the Sandstorm is listed as lasting for one week (June 19 through June 26), the three kiddie rides are all listed as closing from June 19 through to December 31st! As the rehab calender only includes dates within 2013, this says to be that these three rides may be slated for removal on June 19th.
The once planed timeline to move the Sandstorm to a new location near Gwazi has come and gone, and Sandstorm still sits in Timbuktu. I also don’t believe we will see the park able to move the ride to a new location in a week-long window in June 2013 either, so I’ve got to wonder if the site of the proposed Drop Tower ride has been moved over to the combined location where the three kiddie rides sit, just to the south of Phoenix. This location on the edge of Timbuktu would also provide a pretty good view down into the Rhino Rally / Elephant exhibit area next door. One more thought to chew on... if these three kiddie rides are removed, will they be moved to new locations in the park, or just simply retired?

Interesting Screamscape update from today.

I'm drawing blanks on this one... it's different than what I heard last year so something changed. Granted the kiddy train is at end of life anyway... those three make up a small area of kiddy flat rides... I wonder would they move two of them to gwazi area or elsewhere in the park?

With the refurbishment of the Theater and possible drop tower it looks like they are trying to make Timbuktu a destination again. Last time i was at the park i skipped the Timbuktu area entirely. I get the salute to hero's walkway, its nice but man that music is so loud its tacky.

I wonder if will resolve the issues they seem to have with the one at BGW before they proceed with another.
It was finicky when I was up there, but I did get a chance to ride it.

I wonder if will resolve the issues they seem to have with the one at BGW before they proceed with another.
It was finicky when I was up there, but I did get a chance to ride it.

From what people are indicating they are going with a different manufacturer. I think BGW is just going to try to work out the kinks in it, or make go the way of Drachen Fire.

Take it for what it is, but according to Screamscape, Sand Storm's scheduled maintenance has been pushed up(next month) and significantly lengthened. Assuming this is when Sand Storm's relocation is taking place?

New Screamscape update from this morning:

Late 2013 to Mid 2014 - Drop Tower / Desert Dive - Planning - (3/15/13) While I still haven’t heard much about the latest plans for a new drop tower at Busch Gardens Tampa, my source tells me that the rumor going around the park will see the tower stand up over 300 feet tall, and may feature tilting seats of some kind when it opens in 2014. We should know more by April when construction is expected to begin.

A report on Screamscape has the Sandstorm being removed PERMANENTLY. How much truth is in that is debatable. However if true, that's horrible news. The Sandstorm is a fun flat ride; something the park needs.

Last edited:
A report on Screamscape has the Sandstorm being removed PERMANENTLY. How much truth is in that is debatable. However if true, that's horrible news. The Sandstorm is a fun flat ride; something the park needs.
I can vouch for this. I know someone who works at the park who, as recently as this afternoon, was telling me that that is the location where the drop tower will be going.

If this is true, I wonder what made the park change their mind about Sandstorm's fate. Sandstorm is still a fun flat ride and reliable, so I can't see why they would get rid of it. I would welcome a drop tower in that location ONLY if Sandstorm is relocated (like in the original plans).

I'm hearing some funny things myself and changing the title for that reason.