Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Falcon's Fury

I too look forward to riding this next fall. Maybe there will be a bad ass new coaster under construction by then? :pray:

I dont get the fear of this thing lol Coming from a guy who loves TTD, Millenium Force etc of course but this thing sounds crazy awesome!

What's the tallest free fall ride you've been on?

I've been on Lex Luthor at Magic Mountain and was rather unimpressed. At 400ft. the view is amazing, but the drop wasn't as crazy as I was expecting.

I can imagine, I feel like after a certain point the drop's height doesn't even matter, it all just feels the same. The difference between 400 feet and 300 or even 200 is probably negligible...it's all just a free fall after a while! Really, to me at least, the worst part of a drop tower isn't the height of the drop, because once you're falling you're falling and it doesn't really matter how long...the worst part is the suspense and anticipation as you climb higher and higher.

- - - Updated - - -

I do believe Power Tower at Cedar Point! Sooo, 200ish?

Power Tower's about 300 so you're already a pro :thumbs:

And I disagree that Intamin's are scarier, to me the smaller vehicles and scary pneumatic sound make S&S Towers muchhh more intense. At least on Intamin drops you have more of a feeling of security being in those huge cars. Though the face-down element of Falcon may completely take away from that.

I bet peoples reaction up top will be a mix of Sheikra's holding break and going horizontal on manta. A little kicking, some screaming and one total freak out. Where is the rotation point on your body, is it halfway so head down feet up or just a forward body lean?

Been on it and nothing really compares to these Intamin free fall gyros or giant drops

I never have been on an Intamin Gyro nor one that lays down so I guess we'll see :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Power Tower's about 300 so you're already a pro :thumbs:

And I disagree that Intamin's are scarier, to me the smaller vehicles and scary pneumatic sound make S&S Towers muchhh more intense. At least on Intamin drops you have more of a feeling of security being in those huge cars. Though the face-down element of Falcon may completely take away from that.

Oh! A lot taller than I thought :lol: No wonder I was terrified to ride at first lol

I love drop towers and will definitely be riding this! The most intense drop tower I've ever been on is Drop Zone(now Drop Tower) at King's Island. The way you slowly rotate upwards and the rate at which you drop is pretty awesome. However, Lex Luthor at Magic Mountain was probably the most "scary". The drop itself is okay, but it's the climb up 400 feet that gets you. The sheer height isn't that bad, but what's creepy is that the tower actually sways. It's not on purpose, nor is it a lot, but it is enough to freak someone out, especially at that height.

I love drop towers and will definitely be riding this! The most intense drop tower I've ever been on is Drop Zone(now Drop Tower) at King's Island. The way you slowly rotate upwards and the rate at which you drop is pretty awesome. However, Lex Luthor at Magic Mountain was probably the most "scary". The drop itself is okay, but it's the climb up 400 feet that gets you. The sheer height isn't that bad, but what's creepy is that the tower actually sways. It's not on purpose, nor is it a lot, but it is enough to freak someone out, especially at that height.

I am sure it sways on purpose, as a relief, so it won't snap.

Nothing gran, just what was available...

DSC00962_zps7ccbcb0f.jpg

DSC00959_zpsf62fd926.jpg

DSC00960_zps739d5b76.jpg

DSC00961_zpsf41b5494.jpg