Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Falcon's Fury

Wow, what a fantastic update Bob. Thanks! I'm really digging the color scheme and themeing of Pantopia. Glad to hear they're expanding their food options as well.

I'm also happy to see they'll be improving The Scorpion's entrance. I'm curious to see what that bejeweled scorpion statue looks like.

I know it said tentative, but 48" seems like a low ride height for Falcon's Fury. I thought it'd be in the same realm as Doom, like 52 or 54".

I love how open BG is with their construction projects. If only all parks would follow suit...

Thanks for the pics, OF! :thumbs:

And fantastic update, Bob! :thumbs:

Many thanks to Busch Gardens Tampa for inviting Orlando United to this special preview! I'm excited to see the finished area and ride Falcon's Fury once it opens! :cheers:

Bob,

Curious where the 48 inch minimum height number came from. On our tour, I asked Jeff Hornick that very question and he replied that the target was 54 inches, but that could change pending test results.

Interesting that the manufacturer doesnt have a set height restriction. I wonder if its common for rides to have wavering height requirements pre-opening, and how much control the park has over the restriction vs the manufacturer.

Interesting that the manufacturer doesnt have a set height restriction. I wonder if its common for rides to have wavering height requirements pre-opening, and how much control the park has over the restriction vs the manufacturer.

I assume it depends on how unique the ride is vs versions they have done in the past, you know if it is right off the shelf they have already determined the height restrictions but if they tweak the ride they would also need to tweak the restrictions. And thinking about added liability issues alone I would say they would need to go with the mfr. suggestions.

The manufacturer's might be 48 and BGT could be shooting for a higher limit? 'Better safe than sorry' sorta thing? :shrug:

Pics showing the RV from today . . .

FalconsFury-295.jpg

FalconsFury-296.jpg

FalconsFury-297.jpg

FalconsFury-298.jpg

FalconsFury-299.jpg

FalconsFury-300.jpg

FalconsFury-301.jpg

FalconsFury-302.jpg

FalconsFury-303.jpg

FalconsFury-304.jpg

FalconsFury-305.jpg

FalconsFury-306.jpg

FalconsFury-307.jpg

FalconsFury-308.jpg

Notice the channels containing the rare-earth braking magnets
FalconsFury-309.jpg

The white fins you see in the pictures below ride in the channels as to give the magnets a surface to act upon
FalconsFury-243.jpg

FalconsFury-264.jpg

Last edited:
Cool pictures, thanks Bob! Will be quite interesting to 'feel' how it all works once the RV goes over the brake fins and you start slowing down while your seat is being pulled up again.