Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fantasmic!

I'd be ok if these benches are added.

p1040584.jpg

I almost wish MIAboy was still around to see how he could possibly defend this one.

Almost.

Not really.

Can I try? Let me see if I can get into character.

Figures everyone would bash this wonderful announcement by Disney. This site is all about negativity. I can't stand it. Other sites are much more positive. Don't you all just see, these aren't just any benches. They are DISNEY benches! They are the most magical benches in the world. Let's see the benches before bashing them.

Then something about bashing BriMan and OU staff, yada yada yada.

Does that work?

Can I try? Let me see if I can get into character.

Figures everyone would bash this wonderful announcement by Disney. This site is all about negativity. I can't stand it. Other sites are much more positive. Don't you all just see, these aren't just any benches. They are DISNEY benches! They are the most magical benches in the world. Let's see the benches before bashing them.

Then something about bashing BriMan and OU staff, yada yada yada.

Does that work?

Give this man an Oscar, stat!

Did they already show it? I'm watching the Cowboys and Gmen.

On a serious note....

Yes it's fun to poke fun at *ahem* benches, but it was a media event that offered no hype to it. Any hype was the outcome of speculation that arose beforehand.

Still shouldn't have been an event though.

Yep, it was mostly Fantasmic, talking to a few guests about how much they enjoy Fantasmic, "Hey, they're adding seating for 1k people! Oh, by the way, there's also a new castle projection show over at the Magic Kingdom in November."

On a serious note....

Yes it's fun to poke fun at *ahem* benches, but it was a media event that offered no hype to it. Any hype was the outcome of speculation that arose beforehand.

Still shouldn't have been an event though.

I do agree with this 100%. "We" hyped it up, but when you set a precedent where major announcements or plans are announced at press conferences where the local news is invited to, well, you can't fully blame us here.

There's a few panels missing in there where they come up with great ideas, but TDO realizes how much it costs and that it takes away from their bonus pay.

Everyone must go like this comment on the Disney blogs Facebook page :lol:

Sweet! This is awesome who needs new rides at your least attended park when you can add benches! Kudos TDO your new benches will be another reason to jack up ticket prices and give 0 reasons to get an annual pass. Well done!

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyParksBlog

Great, I come back to this thread and this has happened. Honestly, I don't like being negative if I don't have to but this is just so stupid. Even if we hyped it we didn't organise a press event for it, it really seems like Disney is clutching at straws to try to attract more guests.

Also, something someone pointed out in the comments of the blog post I missed initially as well:

"When the sun sets here at Disney Parks"

Prompting: "What is a “Disney Parks”? Is it a theme park like Disneyland or Walt Disney World? Where is it?"

Let us also not forget that the reason it needs more seating more desperately than it already did in the first place is because the show is not put on nightly like it once was.

Let us also not forget that the reason it needs more seating more desperately than it already did in the first place is because the show is not put on nightly like it once was.

This isn't added capacity. This is adding rows of benches where before it was standing room.

This isn't added capacity. This is adding rows of benches where before it was standing room.

Yes, but if yoiu notice I said 'in the first place' in my post. This being that standing room only area hardly got as filled with as many angry people as it did prior to them cutting the shows from nightly to a few a week.