Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (movie) | Inside Universal Forums

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (movie)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I read this as "Fantastic Breasts".

and I read that as "hilarious"

I don't know what her big idea is for this, but there is a lot of material for her to work with. Newt Scamander is one of the more interesting side characters, in terms of his possibility for adventure. Would there be a Hagrid or Charlie Weasley cameo?

I don't know what her big idea is for this, but there is a lot of material for her to work with. Newt Scamander is one of the more interesting side characters, in terms of his possibility for adventure. Would there be a Hagrid or Charlie Weasley cameo?

It takes place in the 20's. So no.

It's inevitable too.
I wouldn't say it's inevitable. Let's wait to see how it performs and is received before we start expecting anything. Or even a trailer. I mean, while in the same world, it's still a completely different character, so the film will have to prove it is worth seeing for people to say they want to go pay to see it. I've talked to at least 3-4 Potter fans today who pretty much gave me a "mehh" response.

Reactions: RonaldsModernLife
I wouldn't say it's inevitable. Let's wait to see how it performs and is received before we start expecting anything. Or even a trailer. I mean, while in the same world, it's still a completely different character, so the film will have to prove it is worth seeing for people to say they want to go pay to see it. I've talked to at least 3-4 Potter fans today who pretty much gave me a "mehh" response.

like the star wars geeks the potter geeks will show up in droves for this....plus i actually think the wwohp and DA help this...it did me

- - - Updated - - -

i do wonder if this already falls under contract with universal or is this something that has to be renegotiated

like the star wars geeks the potter geeks will show up in droves for this....plus i actually think the wwohp and DA help this...it did me

- - - Updated - - -

i do wonder if this already falls under contract with universal or is this something that has to be renegotiated
I have no doubt that will happen. I'm just saying it's a little early to be plugging in a ride based on a new sub-franchise within the same Wizarding world (with a Protagonist that most don't even know yet).

They aren't Potter fans. lol
LOL. You don't know them, don't judge. They are fully grown adults, read every book, watched every movie, two even read the book this is based off of. They're just skeptical at this juncture on how it will play out and if it will be entertaining enough beyond showing off what they can do with special effects, dragons, etc. If this turns out to be a not so good movie, the consensus was it would ruin how they look at the Potter series in general.

Obviously they are ifs and we don't know anything on the plot of the movie. We just know facts about the main character, which is all speculation was based on.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea. No Potter fan is "Meh" on the idea of JKR writing a new story in the Universe.
I feel bad for fans that are so desperate for something that they'll accept anything just so they can have something new. Just because it's something new doesn't mean it'll be great.

Again, this isn't me saying it will be bad. I actually think the character has a lot of promise. But it's sort of sad that fans will accept anything just because they want more.

LOL. You don't know them, don't judge. They are fully grown adults, read every book, watched every movie, two even read the book this is based off of. They're just skeptical at this juncture on how it will play out and if it will be entertaining enough beyond showing off what they can do with special effects, dragons, etc. If this turns out to be a not so good movie, the consensus was it would ruin how they look at the Potter series in general.

It's written by JKR. If they don't trust her, I have no idea what they're thinking.

As for the "would ruin how they look at the Potter series in general" comment, it is the DUMBEST excuse I see all the time on the internet. How can something new affect things you love and cherish? Makes NO sense. Unless this has Newt creating Voldemort accidentally or transforming into Dumbledore, it can't do anything to the old books and movies.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel bad for fans that are so desperate for something that they'll accept anything just so they can have something new. Just because it's something new doesn't mean it'll be great.

Again, this isn't me saying it will be bad. I actually think the character has a lot of promise. But it's sort of sad that fans will accept anything just because they want more.

I think it's sad someone goes to great lengths to be a buzz kill for no reason. :thumbs: