Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fantastic Beasts - Crimes of Grindelwald

Hrmm, I got the same feeling from that as I did from the Solo trailer. They cast the wrong guy. It'll probably grow on me, but that just didn't feel like Dumbledore.

Really?? I feel like Jude Law is fantastic (no pun intended... or maybe it is?) casting! I think he's going to knock it out of the park with the role.

Side note: Damn, it feels good to see Hogwarts again.

This just may right the ship. Like I said before, this finally feels Potter like.....Yes, great to see Hogwarts. It kind of ties everything together again...... And I like Jude Law in the role. He's more Richard Harris like, especially if you've ever followed Harris in his younger days.

Interesting... They decided to steal the name of the new universe from the theme park lands. It does fit though.
WW_Hero_Image.jpg

How do you guys like the logo?

The first one did not resonate with me, but I'm on board again to give this a go based on that trailer.

I wish they ditched Newt, or at least side lined him. He's just not a great lead, nor really has any real reason to be involved in this. Dumbledore should be the protagonist.

It's funny how a series called Fantastic Beasts has already pretty much ditched any sort of focus on... fantastic beasts.

Sorry I am simply not a fan of this franchise. The first film I was really disappointed with and now this trailer, I honestly cannot take seriously. It's very Hollywood to make a minor character suddenly be the massive hero against a dark force. Feels bland, and while I'm at it, the CGI just doesn't work well.

Feels bland, and while I'm at it, the CGI just doesn't work well.

It’s not really fair to judge CGI for a film that’s still 8 months away from release. First trailers for any movie you see will never have fully completed CGI. They will use shots that are passable so you still get an idea of what’s to come. Trust me that they are still working on everything you saw in this trailer.

The trailer definitely has me excited again, in spite of some reservations I'd been having. I'm hoping they nail this one, because I'd really like to see the Wizarding World become an extended universe. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I actually loved the first film, and I am excited to see the world get fleshed out even further.
I'm wondering if Globus Mundi will gain a connection to the films. Reading some of the rumors about it have me curious if it could tie in, with the films exploring the global aspect of the Wizarding World.

Much like the first trailer suggested, this movie looks like it's gonna be a lot better than the first. HOWEVER, I question how much that has to do with the fact that the movie is set in a familiar location with a beloved character in one of the leading roles.