Farewell Monsters Cafe? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Farewell Monsters Cafe?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sounds like Hollywood to me. They're getting a more expanded Despicable Me area. But it makes sense replacing Monsters too since it is right across the street from the ride.

Could they please not make an entire Despicable Me area?! It's literally right at the front of the park, and would ruin the entire real-city atmosphere :'(

Agreed. That area could use some work, but it needs to scream Universal Studios... not DM or any particular IP.

#1 priority in the front of the park to me is replacing Shrek. Seriously such a worthless and pointless attraction.

I'm telling you man, they should just re-theme it to How To Train Your Dragon! It's another popular IP kids love and arguably the next most popular non-Pixar cartoon (next to Despicable Me).

The whole front half of the park should be a priority (From arches to Monster's Cafe)...you only get one shot at a first impression after all

I agree. SO MUCH.

If it was me, I'd tackle this before KidZone, or the rumored Garden of Allah mini attraction, or anything else, really... I would even try to get it done before Potter 2.0 opens.

I agree. SO MUCH.

If it was me, I'd tackle this before KidZone, or the rumored Garden of Allah mini attraction, or anything else, really... I would even try to get it done before Potter 2.0 opens.

What would you change to it? I feel this is something that needs such an overhaul and isnt a quick fix. Plus, what to do with DM and Shrek building right there? Better facades?

What would you change to it? I feel this is something that needs such an overhaul and isnt a quick fix. Plus, what to do with DM and Shrek building right there? Better facades?

Man, Despicable Me's facades in Hollywood make the building here look shameful. Would love to see some of those houses added to the Orlando facade.

I think if Shrek is getting any change, it will be a retheme of the attraction.

With Energon being scrapped from USH, does that affect the Monsters Cafe re-do at all?

Not necessarily, it's a legal issue at the moment with Energon. It may return it may not.

I think they need to do quite a bit, from basic re-paving that whole area past the turnstiles, to modernizing the outside of those buildings out front and throughout production central, including Monsters Cafe, to adding streetmosphere and set pieces to celebrate the fact that this park is representing a working movie studio, etc. The show buildings are here to stay and they are obviously a part of the design and character of the park. So, since that's not gonna change, then go all out with the movie studio theme, and bring more offerings that tie into that. But more than anything, just beautify that front area past the turnstiles. It's not pretty, in my opinion.

It's too late now, but I would have redone the two front buildings (Store and On Location) and added a faux second floor to give them more height and maybe a faux 1920's esque bridge between them so you can't see too far into the park which is something that has always bothered me at the Studios...I would have also updated the Soundstages to look more modern or stuck with the 1920's Hollywood look..And of course redo he Monster's Cafe to fit Transformers..

And if I really had my way.. Shrek and Lucy would be turned into Universal's version of great movie ride

It's too late now, but I would have redone the two front buildings (Store and On Location) and added a faux second floor to give them more height and maybe a faux 1920's esque bridge between them so you can't see too far into the park which is something that has always bothered me at the Studios...I would have also updated the Soundstages to look more modern or stuck with the 1920's Hollywood look..And of course redo he Monster's Cafe to fit Transformers..

And if I really had my way.. Shrek and Lucy would be turned into Universal's version of great movie ride

Is it big enough to do so?

I've never been a fan of the food here (as most people would agree), but its absolutely one of my favorite places in the park to just sit for a while. It holds a special place in my heart and I'd hate to see it go. At least Hollywood has House of Horrors. This is the only thing we have to represent Universal horror all year long.

If/when it does go, I'd love to see some of the decor up for auction at next years Entertainment Designer Forum.

Not necessarily, it's a legal issue at the moment with Energon. It may return it may not.

Wasn't Energon essentially the same thing as the Flaming Moe? I thought that's why they canned it in Hollywood: because Flaming Moes are coming next year?

Wasn't Energon essentially the same thing as the Flaming Moe? I thought that's why they canned it in Hollywood: because Flaming Moes are coming next year?

Apparently so, but if Energon returns it doesn't necessarily have to be the same flavor it was before.

I've never been a fan of the food here (as most people would agree), but its absolutely one of my favorite places in the park to just sit for a while. It holds a special place in my heart and I'd hate to see it go. At least Hollywood has House of Horrors. This is the only thing we have to represent Universal horror all year long.

If/when it does go, I'd love to see some of the decor up for auction at next years Entertainment Designer Forum.

I've never bought anything from here, Besides just soda, but whenever I buy something to eat like a churro or a slice of Pizza from the nearby food places I always go to eat it here, I just love this place so much.

This going away will be pretty hard for me