Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ventilation suggests they'll be working there, not just dropping things/ They wouldn't need ventilation for that. More likely painting, resurfacing, or doing something with chemicals.

Reactions: salismetho
I still think this has a shot in 2H (Second Half) 2024. Especially if this coaster is going to be more similar in scale and scope to Tatsu or Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit in how materials are procured and how construction timetables are.

Reactions: Freak and TheUniC6
No idea when this thing is going to be ready, as it seems like it was delayed a few months. But I will say there will be more construction around sections of the coaster than many of us are probably imagining, and that’ll take some time. Just guessing.

Feels like there will soon need be a video update on your Park Stop channel regarding the F & F drifting coaster. In addition, have you been able to verify any other USH rumor scoops since your last F & F drifting coaster rumor video that was 5 months ago (Universal Hollywood Resort for example) ? It's time Alica, it's time.

Reactions: Alicia
I don't see this coaster opening until 25 or even 26.
I would say 2025 is by far more likely than 2026 as once they break ground, this coaster will go up decently fast.
I still think this has a shot in 2H (Second Half) 2024. Especially if this coaster is going to be more similar in scale and scope to Tatsu or Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit in how materials are procured and how construction timetables are.
Hopefully in the coming months those buildings come down quick. But we shall see if this still has a shot for a 2024 opening.

• Love
Reactions: joerodriguez
This whole time all we had to do was post that the ride wasn't happening, or at least not next year. Making doomer posts does magic when it comes to making new projects move forward!
The Epic Universe principle.

Unfortunately, this forum is a domicile for doomers. Doomer posts and anti-doomer posts chastising doomers for their doomer-dom dominate as equal parts of the doomer doom-conomy that keeps this site running.

From @HydraGen2299, the holding pen for SES next to Duff Gardens is seemingly going to be safe while work begins on the takedown of canopies properly and holes slowly starting to become apparent.

IMG_3519.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
So what do we make of this? Does this mean they’re going to tear down SES before AA? Do they need SES standing while they begin demo?

Dumb guess but it is one:

They don't need the holding pen to be closed down, as it will be eventually repurposed as part of Hollywood Drift's queue formation and layout, so for now; they can use the area as a form of a "Rest" zone.

Both SES, Animal Actors, and Production Central would be torn down almost immediately, with Duff Gardens, P.Q.Butterfats, Luigis, and Santa's safe due to no immediate contact with Special Effects Stage excluding one small portion of the building.

Assuming Hollywood Drift maintains 2024, they can keep the "Rest" zone open until the end of the Holiday period of this year, without any need to actively start work on the queue formatting.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Construction Begins
From @HydraGen2299, the holding pen for SES next to Duff Gardens is seemingly going to be safe while work begins on the takedown of canopies properly and holes slowly starting to become apparent.
IMG_3517.jpg
I feel like you’re burying the lede Alex. These are our first walls up for Hollywood Drift!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I’m not sure if this has been mentioned (scrolled through several pages & cant see any similar comments), though I think that Universal missed a good opportunity to tie this new rollercoaster to the Jurassic World IP.
I think creating an velocicoaster style ride, with rock, tree, and shrub theming as the coaster runs along the cliff-face would have been incredible.
The coaster could of flown over or under the lower escalators, which themselves could have been rethemed with grey/black wired fencing which keep you protected from the coaster & containment area, as you travel down into a now actual JW land.

For this to have worked though, it would be better for the ride entrance to be in the lower lot within the JW land, so probably the mummy ride would need to go.
They could maybe dig a bit underground and make a replacement mummy located showbuilding 2 stories; lower level velocicoaster queue & indoor ride portion, and upper level JW Ride (like in China).

I guess one can dream…..

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned (scrolled through several pages & cant see any similar comments), though I think that Universal missed a good opportunity to tie this new rollercoaster to the Jurassic World IP.
I think creating an velocicoaster style ride, with rock, tree, and shrub theming as the coaster runs along the cliff-face would have been incredible.
The coaster could of flown over or under the lower escalators, which themselves could have been rethemed with grey/black wired fencing which keep you protected from the coaster & containment area, as you travel down into a now actual JW land.

For this to have worked though, it would be better for the ride entrance to be in the lower lot within the JW land, so probably the mummy ride would need to go.
They could maybe dig a bit underground and make a replacement mummy located showbuilding 2 stories; lower level velocicoaster queue & indoor ride portion, and upper level JW Ride (like in China).

I guess one can dream…..
I can kind of understand this route that they took. While I much prefer the Jurassic Park/World IP, it's in the best interest of USH to have as distinct of an identity from Orlando as possible. This new coaster has a unique layout and trains, and for people who visit both coasts it makes sense to market it as something completely different. Calling it Veloicoaster or something similar would make many think it's the same experience. Velocicoaster also works since it's in the Jurassic Park area or IoA, and they had the space to build the raptor paddock. I don't think they have the space for anything like that at USH, and the cars of F&F fit the studio aesthetic more.

The number of people that visit both the Universal parks in Hollywood and Orlando is so small and insignificant that there's
no good business reason to restrict what you build to accommodate so few tourists.

Reactions: Freak