Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm constantly perplexed by people who claim this wasn't a good attraction. It pretty objectively was well-scripted, genuinely funny, entertaining, and at times, very impressive.

But, alright. The condescension continues. :rolleyes:
I completely agree! The script was SO GOOD especially if you compare it with the horrendous cringeworthy screenplay of Fast & Furious: Supercharged. Christopher Walken's performance, as usual, was excellent and he was so funny! Frank Kincaid's character is the best original character created by Universal. The trailer was hilarious too! I will miss this attraction greatly. It's such a shame that Universal got rid of a truly unique experience that you wouldn't find anywhere else. Now, more simulators for the Studios.

Thank you all for making it crystal clear who to set to ignore. Here's to hoping Universal continues their trend of replacing attractions with something just as good or better.

Disaster was just another despicable me or twister for me. As in its one of those attractions I go on once every 1-2 years, have fun on it, then just don't care about it until I suddenly crave it. To me it was always just a really, REALLY long build up to a fantastic finale. It's awesome to see walken and it's even better to see the rock make fun of himself but I can't say I'll totally miss this one. It was good for what it was and it did it's job well (even though the end video is beyond dated). Now time for hot girls and carz the ride......yay?

I didn't find the attraction very funny, but I could see how some people could I guess. It just dragged on and took up way too much time and the Earthquake finale is just so old and outdated that it isn't the same as it used to be for me. I'm not sold on F&F but I personally didn't care for Disaster so I'm glad Universal is moving on. The fact F&F will boost merchandise sales alone makes it worth it.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Hopefully I ain't one of them! LOL! (I have so many blocked it is a wonder I ain't left chatting with myself!)

I hope I'm not on yours! Lmao.

I didn't find the attraction very funny, but I could see how some people could I guess. It just dragged on and took up way too much time and the Earthquake finale is just so old and outdated that it isn't the same as it used to be for me. I'm not sold on F&F but I personally didn't care for Disaster so I'm glad Universal is moving on. The fact F&F will boost merchandise sales alone makes it worth it.

I'm with you in thinking that it wasn't very funny. Much of the humor for me really depended on the audience members chosen for the interactive portions and how well the host plays off of them. I will say that the addition of the "Director" instructions during the Earthquake section really turned me off. I understand the idea behind it, but it distracted from the action going on around you. Just my opinion. I'll finish by saying I didn't hate the ride at all, but I'm not extremely tore up that it's gone.

The humor of Disaster was right up my alley. Christopher Walken had me dying every time, his delivery is so strange and I love it. Glad I got to experience it on its second to last day and I hope Furious is a worthy replacement to one of my favorite attractions.

From a nostalgia point of view I'm sad to see Disaster go. With the recent closures at both USF and DHS there aren't many original attractions left. USF has E.T., and Monster Makeup. DHS has The Great Movie Ride. Everything else has been closed or extensively changed. (BTTF becoming Simpsons and Funtastic World of Hanna Barbara becoming Jimmy Neutron becoming Despicable Me.)

At the same time, it's been exciting to see USF become reborn after losing most of it's "working production studio" half of the attraction and the "dark years" being passed from one owner to another.

My hope is the Fast and Furious will live up to it's predecessors. Like many other people here, I hope it doesn't rely too heavily on screens. Unlike other people though, I feel some screens could be used to enhance the ride. Possibly using screens to enhance the physical sets instead of replacing physical sets. Probably the best example of this is the Griphook/Vault scene in Gringotts. Coming into that section, you have "real" vaults on the left. On the ride, a projected Griphook looks to be running down a row of vaults where the foreground is "real".

If Universal could push that envelope even further with blurring the lines between reality and projection. F&F could be a ground breaking ride fans and non fans would like. I agree it needs a section where the cars go "fast". I would not be completely disappointed to see projections or other "tricks" used to accentuate that feeling of speed.

Reactions: captainmoch
Agreed the Potter tangent isn't necessary here, but then again, you aren't a moderator.

Ok, the same principles will apply when a rocket is shot at the trams in F&F. The closer it comes, the further apart the two images comprising the 3D rocket will be on the screen. ;)

Let me toss this question at you all... is your left eye seeing the furthest left image or the furthest right? I don't have any idea... Oooooooh!

Edit, corrected the plural to singular for clarity.

Last edited:
Ok, the same principles will apply when the rockets are shot at the trams in F&F. The closer they come, the further apart they will be on the screen. ;)

Let me toss this question at you all... is your left eye seeing the furthest left image or the furthest right? I don't have any idea... Oooooooh!

Oh no I've gone cross-eyed

Reactions: Stitch_101
Weird, I forgot Fast and Furious didn't use screens or that the discussion was useless in its entirety.

Agreed the Potter tangent isn't necessary here, but then again, you aren't a moderator.

And I am! HI!

As Brian and I have said before, people come to these threads for information and updates, not continuous, cyclical pondering of screens. If you want to discuss the use of screens as an element in attractions, go to the appropriate thread.

I will be moving the associated posts to that thread. Ff the conversation continues here, the thread will be locked for a short time.

Reactions: Doug A. and tielo
This description was just posted under the "What's New?" section of UO Meetings and Events:

"Fast & Furious: Supercharged - COMING 2017
This new ride will take you on an explosive, high-octane adventure into the world of underground racing. You’ll feel every bit of the exhilaration that comes with being part of the “Fast Family”—right alongside your favorite stars from the Fast & Furious films. As your specially designed ride vehicle powers you through the streets of San Francisco, every turn accelerates with non-stop action and high-speed excitement on this supercharged thrill ride, arriving at Universal Studios Florida in 2017."

What's New | Planning Universal Orlando Meetings & Events

Well, it was said in the original Leak of San Fran and now this. Not surprised to be honest that this got leaked AGAIN. that being said, it makes me excited for what the attraction could entail due to certain problems with the current ride film over at Hollywood.

This description was just posted under the "What's New?" section of UO Meetings and Events:

"Fast & Furious: Supercharged - COMING 2017
This new ride will take you on an explosive, high-octane adventure into the world of underground racing. You’ll feel every bit of the exhilaration that comes with being part of the “Fast Family”—right alongside your favorite stars from the Fast & Furious films. As your specially designed ride vehicle powers you through the streets of San Francisco, every turn accelerates with non-stop action and high-speed excitement on this supercharged thrill ride, arriving at Universal Studios Florida in 2017."

What's New | Planning Universal Orlando Meetings & Events
SF confirmed for the second time.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
The buzz words there for me are high-speed, high-octane and accelerates, but the "specially designed ride vehicle" is what I really want to see.

Please don't burn your undies. At best, the ride vehicles might be cool looking with speeds that might be slightly faster than Journey of the Little Mermaid. ;)
Haha, hilarious. If they continue pimping the ride the way they are with terms like high speeds, high octane, and taking turns with "high-speed excitement" people are going to be let down. I dont know if they typically advertise a simulator as a simulator, but these descriptions are a bit... Confusing. People are going to be expecting a high speed thrill ride. The artwork of the queue looks good though.

Before certain people jump down my throat, I'm sure there will be people who, yes, will like simulated high speeds...

Reactions: Blue
being part of the “Fast Family”

I guess this is part of the queue information. The first room you have the slutty dance party, but in the 80's. Second room is the whomb and a small hallway is the birth channel that drops you in the third room, the garage. Now you are part of the Fast family.

But fun besides, there are a lot of question regarding actors missing in the artwork compared to the original artwork for Hollywood. The whole thing about the location and all the fast speed, acceleration and turns. It would be disapointing if it would be a Little Mermaid nock off.

I guess this is part of the queue information. The first room you have the slutty dance party, but in the 80's. Second room is the whomb and a small hallway is the birth channel that drops you in the third room, the garage. Now you are part of the Fast family.

But fun besides, there are a lot of question regarding actors missing in the artwork compared to the original artwork for Hollywood. The whole thing about the location and all the fast speed, acceleration and turns. It would be disapointing if it would be a Little Mermaid nock off.

I need you to know that I nearly spit up my coffee reading this.