1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., Aug 25, 2015.

1. captainmoch

captainmoch Veteran Member

Hmm, 2.89 acres is roughly the same size as Test Track, not counting the final stretch turn... hey, I can dream....

2. Ultranel

Ultranel Member

How big was Earthquake area (with outside queue)?

3. Jwhee

Jwhee Veteran Member

This is .9 acres bigger than gringotts. Beetlejuice, and Earthquake area adds up to exactly 2.82.

4. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

Well the plans give us a good bit of info. One big show building. 85,000 sq ft by my estimation. about 15% smaller than Gringotts. Looks like all of the San Fran facades stay, all the way from Beetlejuice all the way to the brickworks and around the corner. Looks like they will be either reusing part of the existing building(preshow or gift shop? I can't remember the layout of the building, but whatever is up by the facade) or tearing it down up to the facade. But it clearly is the existing facade on the plans. It definitely looks like they will be using Disaster's entrance facade as the ride exit. Entrance is probably Beetlejuice's entrance. Fountain and landscaping seem to be staying. I think the building where Beetlejuice's building is, is probably the garage queue that we saw in the concept art. Also looks like quite a bit of queue running back behind the facades. Im guessing the other two big rooms will be queue/pre show, but no way to know from those plans.

floridakid and martymcflyy85 like this.
  5. snayberry

snayberry Veteran Member

So I pretty much heard it's going to be a clone. What a bummer. Not like it hasn't been said already. Don't have to take my word for it but that's what I heard.

6. Milla4Prez66

Milla4Prez66 Member

There is no way it's going to be a simple clone with all that size. I don't get why people are jumping the gun on this so much, clearly Universal has something big planned for this.

Mad Dog likes this.
  7. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Let's hope

martymcflyy85 likes this.
  8. ThreePack Shagur

ThreePack Shagur Rookie

Yeah, a big queue that's pretty much a car showroom.

9. Nick

I wonder if they plan on getting a sponsorship involved similar to Test Track with GM where you exit out into a Chevrolet show floor for all intents and purposes.

10. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Remember that multiple "theaters" take up a lot of space. The Shrek building is massive - the scope of the attraction is not.

11. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Legendary Member

Nissan would probably do it.

12. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Volkswagen might be a better bet. They do a good job of making powerful engines like those in the 60's and early 70's without having to lower their performance for silly emission laws and controls. :bolt:

ynnoj, Brownie54, Derek R and 4 others like this.
  13. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

Silly???

universal_fanatic likes this.
  14. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Silly sarcasm.

15. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

Aah... that went right over my head...

universal_fanatic and snayberry like this.
  16. Milla4Prez66

Milla4Prez66 Member

You think Universal is seriously going to waste nearly 3 acres on a car showcase with a 45 second simulation at the end? As I've said before, I'm sure the Hollywood version will be used in some way, but they have a plan for this. The way Universal is knocking things out of the park, I'm not going to overreact to early reports from insiders about this. Fast & Furious is a huge brand for Universal and will draw people in the parks, I'm sure they've got something up their sleeves to make this fun and interesting.

17. tielo

tielo Veteran Member

There are a few people who constantly do that here. Remember Potter and the Dragon on Gringotts? If it wouldn't come flying in, does the gangnam style dance, farts fire and flies away again it would be a huge failure. We now have a stationary dragon and people loose their s#!t every time it breath fire.

I'm not going to say Universal will never deliver a dud. Sure they will some day, and then they'll hear it from their customers and unlike some other parks I'm sure it won't stay 50 years. But I'll wait to judge it when it's ready.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Joe and IAmFloridaBorn like this.
  18. IAmFloridaBorn

IAmFloridaBorn Veteran Member

Don't know how much truth their is to this but I learned this ride wont be for"Everyone". Interesting though.

martymcflyy85 likes this.
  19. Nick

Well, Transformers and the like aren't for "everyone" either. Many people get motion sickness, so they can't ride motion simulators/3D attractions.

20. ThreePack Shagur

ThreePack Shagur Rookie

...And where did I ever say "Universal is seriously going to waste nearly 3 acres on a car showcase with a 45 second simulation at the end"? Did you just want to go on a rant and use my post as a jumping off point?

For the past couple of months I've been saying that it's a large open-space queue (largest in the park), Hollywood videos will be reused, SF facades will be staying, Kong Ride Vehicles, multiple theaters (2 from what I know), and new scenes added to bridge the preshow to the main theater and main theater to unload. I've never said it will be just a queue and a "45 second simulation". It'll be at least 4-5 minutes when it's all wrapped together.