Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
...And where did I ever say "Universal is seriously going to waste nearly 3 acres on a car showcase with a 45 second simulation at the end"? Did you just want to go on a rant and use my post as a jumping off point?

For the past couple of months I've been saying that it's a large open-space queue (largest in the park), Hollywood videos will be reused, SF facades will be staying, Kong Ride Vehicles, multiple theaters (2 from what I know), and new scenes added to bridge the preshow to the main theater and main theater to unload. I've never said it will be just a queue and a "45 second simulation". It'll be at least 4-5 minutes when it's all wrapped together.

One thing to keep in mind too is that the Hollywood FILM in the theatre will have to get replaced. It has a lot of things that wouldn't seem its for Orlando and has to be replaced to match the San Francisco setting.

One thing to keep in mind too is that the Hollywood FILM in the theatre will have to get replaced. It has a lot of things that wouldn't seem its for Orlando and has to be replaced to match the San Francisco setting.

I'm pretty sure it's not getting replaced or changed at all. Universal already sunk millions in to creating it for the purpose of being able to port it to different parks. I agree that it looks like LA, but this is a park where lately attractions are just kind of placed where they have room. If Universal really cared, they'd have placed it in the Hollywood section of the park.

I'm pretty sure it's not getting replaced or changed at all. Universal already sunk millions in to creating it for the purpose of being able to port it to different parks. I agree that it looks like LA, but this is a park where lately attractions are just kind of placed where they have room. If Universal really cared, they'd have placed it in the Hollywood section of the park.

Well it was all filmed on green screen. How hard would it be to change the backgrounds for the film? Also, how do you know that when they filmed it, they didn't say "Ok this time through Vin, you are crossing the Golden Gate bridge, so say something about Alcatraz"? They might have multiple takes of the ride film. Hell, they could have filmed completely different ride films all at the same time, so they could change the story for all we know.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Well, it's not the actors that are expensive. It's the CGI and conversion to 3D. From my understanding they filmed everything during a single day of shooting during reshoots for Furious 7 so that was an insignificant cost. Everything else though? I don't know...they could surprise me and use a different environment. I just don't see Universal paying MPC to do the job twice for something that is as insignificant as a location. The current video doesn't feature any distinct L.A. landmarks, and there's no mention of location at all. I think the only reason it's "Los Angeles" is because it's part of the tram tour which is actually in Los Angeles.

I think those who are wanting a new ride film just because it's placed in the San Francisco area are being too hopeful. This is a cut + paste with enhancements, like Kong.

...And where did I ever say "Universal is seriously going to waste nearly 3 acres on a car showcase with a 45 second simulation at the end"? Did you just want to go on a rant and use my post as a jumping off point?

For the past couple of months I've been saying that it's a large open-space queue (largest in the park), Hollywood videos will be reused, SF facades will be staying, Kong Ride Vehicles, multiple theaters (2 from what I know), and new scenes added to bridge the preshow to the main theater and main theater to unload. I've never said it will be just a queue and a "45 second simulation". It'll be at least 4-5 minutes when it's all wrapped together.

That all sounds, frankly, hugely underwhelming. Any version of a Fast & Furious attraction that is going to be based around that Hollywood ride film is D.O.A. for me, unfortunately, whether or not they somehow turn it into more of a Kong-style thing (which, if true, feels like a lazy move on Universal's part; you're going to open Kong in 2016 and then one year later open an incredibly similar ride experience - same ride vehicles, 360 tunnel, etc. - just with a different I.P.?).

If you guys want to call Kong Orlando a knockoff Kong 360 then go right ahead. From what I have been told, this will have 5 scenes, very similar to the number in Kong Orlando. It could turn out to be a very fun attraction for haters of F&F and a super attraction for those that love those movies.

So, let's all take a wee bit of a breath here and lay off the henny penny hand-wringing that is based on very little.

If you guys want to call Kong Orlando a knockoff Kong 360 then go right ahead. From what I have been told, this will have 5 scenes, very similar to the number in Kong Orlando. It could turn out to be a very fun attraction for haters of F&F and a super attraction for those that love those movies.

So, let's all take a wee bit of a breath here and lay off the henny penny hand-wringing that is based on very little.
Question then: will there be any actual high speed thrills or just simulation?

Reactions: martymcflyy85
It's enough with the screens. Why doesn't universal get that?!

Because the numbers continue to be up and rising for both Uni parks. Why would they change anything knowing that?

Why can't they do something like test track? That would be awesome. They have space.

You are going to have to go to Epcot and ride Test Track I am afraid.

Reactions: ThreePack Shagur

That makes me actually kind-of excited for this. That being said, I don't think the current facades are staying then, as it'd be a waste to keep them.

Because the numbers continue to be up and rising for both Uni parks. Why would they change anything knowing that?
Numbers continue to rise at Disney too, yet we see them building various styles of rides. Not everything has to be a screen based simulation attraction to draw a crowd.

Cutting it off before it starts..... :lol: Please don't this thread spiral into Screens vs Sets.
Sorry... wasn't trying to start anything. I just think it's in sane to stick to the motion simulator/screens formula with such an action/racing based franchise where you can actually experience a real thrill outside of the simulation of speed.

I'm done now. :)

Fast-and-Furious-featured-1440x900.jpg

I have a few questions.
This picture is from the artwork of the announcement for the ride in Orlando. It is missing people on there. That was work to take them off so why do you think is that?

The article states: 'Then, you’ll board specially-designed vehicles...' trams like in Hollywood studios already exist so will these ride vehicles be something totally different?

In the last sentence of the article is says: 'There’s SO much to share about this thrilling new ride—I can’t wait to share more details in the future.'
We all know there is a making off for the Hollywood ride so why is he telling us there is 'SO much to share about it' and he calls is a 'new ride'. (when I look at the Hollywood site Potter is not hyped as something new ride wise, it states 'Hogwarts is coming to Hollywood!' and states the 3D movies premier there but it isn't overselling it as a totally new ride.)
Do I read to much in this or is it clear this is something more like Kong (using some parts but being a totally new attraction) or is it more copy past?