Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Magic Kingdom grows, the others are shrinking. That's what I heard and that's all I can say.
I believe it. That should change soon with Frozen/Soarin Over the World and RoL/Avatar coming to Epcot and DAK over the next few years and then of course righting the sinking ship that is DHS with TSL, SWL and other unannounced land(s).

However, attendance was just used to make a point in my post. The point is all I was trying to get to.

Do I read to much in this or is it clear this is something more like Kong (using some parts but being a totally new attraction) or is it more copy past?

Personally I think you're reading too much in to the press release. It's all filled with buzzwords and usually marketing isn't cryptic, they just want people to get excited.

From my understanding it's more like Kong.

Personally I think you're reading too much in to the press release. It's all filled with buzzwords and usually marketing isn't cryptic, they just want people to get excited.

From my understanding it's more like Kong.
If it turns out that it's more like the Kong upgrade/redo/extended attraction , that would be great news. From what we've heard, Kong will probably be one of the best, if not the best, attractions in the theme park world. :clap:

If it turns out that it's more like the Kong upgrade/redo/extended attraction , that would be great news. From what we've heard, Kong will probably be one of the best, if not the best, attractions in the theme park world. :clap:
I'd temper expectations until we have a bit more info. Not trying to be negative, but Kong is gonna be next-level and hard to compete with.

I'd temper expectations until we have a bit more info. Not trying to be negative, but Kong is gonna be next-level and hard to compete with.
Basically, I'm just comparing that with how the Kong upgrade seems to be working out in a positive way. It's way too early in the game for me to have any expectations, positive or negative, on F&F. My comment may have been too abstract, since the intended focus was just how an upgrade to a Tram attraction can turn out to be a good thing if done properly. :)

Supercharged has 2 and 1/2 stars on Yelp.. I hope universal does some major changes..
Supercharged has 2 and 1/2 stars on Yelp.. I hope universal does some major changes..

That is just stupid, it's part of the tram tour, it's never meant to be a full blown attraction.
What does yelp say about the ride trough the costume building at DHS's The Studio Backlot Tour?

That makes me actually kind-of excited for this. That being said, I don't think the current facades are staying then, as it'd be a waste to keep them.

According to the plans, the facades are either staying, or they are rebuilding them exactly like they are now.

Hearing there are 5 scenes helps temper my skepticism. Unless they are talking about things like the car queue counting as one of the 5 scenes.

Hopefully it means 5 scenes while actually INSIDE the vehicle.

Hearing there are 5 scenes helps temper my skepticism. Unless they are talking about things like the car queue counting as one of the 5 scenes.

Hopefully it means 5 scenes while actually INSIDE the vehicle.
Load/Unload are both usually on the list of scenes with Uni rides it seems

Do they count pre-shows as scenes as well?
Typically, however, I have no idea if what Teebin and others have been told is scenes inside of the ride vehicle or not. I don't want to get down on the project so i'm just going to not really expect anything right now.

Nothing screams Fast & Furious like a city bus.

large_bDLiyoxdK8mZHaeYVOxMZj7WGkb.jpg

I just really hope if it's going to be a clone tram type (which it will F-ing sucks), they better loop that track one way or the other, because if they are coming with the "Load-Forward-Park-Reverse-Unload and repeat again" ride system, it will really make a big dent on Comcast reputation for me. They better not roll in the stupidity wagon, that was Vivendi's job.

I think he meant height restrictions, not puss restrictions lol :)
ET has height requirement as does Seuss (both the main ride and High in the Sky Trolley). Sometimes they don't mean much.

And motion sickness is hardly a "puss restriction". It's a natural thing... some people just can't handle motion simulators. Just because you can means very little.

Think about if you were to go to Universal on a family reunion, which includes some teens, some under 8's, parents in their 40's and Grandparents in their 60's. This isn't even necessarily related to motion sickness, but think about that group of people... how many rides are the under 8's and grandparents going to actually ride? That's part of Uni's problem right now... too many rides that are restricting.