1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., Aug 25, 2015.

1. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

That's ok with me... truth will out.

2. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

Yup. If you're right, what a huge waste of space.

mcusi, anihilnation, Ryan and 5 others like this.
  3. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

;)

Blue likes this.
  4. novawildcat18

novawildcat18 Rookie

If it's essentially a clone of what Hollywood has, I'm incredibly disappointed and I think the general public will be too.

mcusi, anihilnation, Ryan and 4 others like this.
  5. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

What Hollywood has is only acceptable because it's an addition to the existing tram ride. Building a ground up attraction based off of that is way below what I though Universal's standards were. Disaster would be a better ride.

6. brianlo

brianlo Rookie

Somehow missed your post. I am honestly more keen to believe this story now.

5PM EST on a random Tuesday, this just seems very, very odd all around.

Rarely would I be nostalgic enough to advocate for unnecessarily holding onto a worn out attraction like Disaster, but honestly... it's a better attraction than what they just did in Hollywood.

martymcflyy85 and misterID like this.
  7. Stitch_101

Stitch_101 Member

There would have to be major overhaul of the tracks for that to work. The track system the use is so much more advanced.

If they are going with a clone of the Hollywood version, I could see them using a version of the ride system used for The Lost Temple at Movie Park in Europe. It would allow them to have multiple ride systems and screens, boosting the ride capacity.

8. DufflesMcGee

DufflesMcGee Member

Clone of Hollywood... A) Would be a huge letdown. B)Transformers took 9 months(i think)... This is closing in 2 weeks. Are you really telling me that its going to take +18 months for a clone?

Yeah right...

anihilnation and martymcflyy85 like this.
  9. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Veteran Member

Ok, so here's my theory. The facades in SF stay up...but all of the buildings behind are torn down, entrance is where Beetlejuice was, maybe entrance that looks like Dom's house, and set up to look like L.A. a bit in that area....kinda similar to Kong being next to JP but completely different.

10. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

I don't think there has been a change of it being in LA from the San Fran. My bet is that they didn't want to let that out yet due on timing.

At best; you have to see the Disaster side for facades go down due to its kinda connected with the main building.

11. Talking Head

Talking Head Rookie

If it's a clone of USH, how would that affect the ride time?

Would the "rave" and garage scene work if it wasn't a tram ride? I mean, what, you load into a vehicle and immediately stop in front of a 30(?) second scene. Seems like the rave/garage stuff would be in a preshow (a la Gringotts).

So if that's the case, then the "ride" would start with the next scene -- which is all of 45 seconds? 60 seconds?

I just don't see it. Universal dark rides are typically several minutes long. Seems like there would have to be some plussing to USF's version unless the rave/garage stuff is included in the ride time -- which, woof, if that's the case.

Anyone have a time on the individual parts of the USH tram scenes? I just can't see how it would work for a satisfactory ride.

12. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    If accurate, that's really misguided on Universal's part. To more or less clone the Hollywood experience - which was received, at best, in a lukewarm fashion - would be a massive missed opportunity.

AK-Jake, Blue and misterID like this.
  13. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Uni always seems to make their announcements on random days.

14. Talking Head

Talking Head Rookie

Ok, the rave/garage is approximately 2 min. long.

The main show scene on the tram is roughly 90 seconds long.

I guess I don't see how this would be a literal clone unless we ride in tram vehicles (in which case, what's the [HASHTAG]#story[/HASHTAG]?).

maxairmike and JungleSkip like this.
  15. brianlo

brianlo Rookie

Well construction took about 15-16 months for F&F: Supercharged... and it's a ride in a mostly un-themed box that didn't require much demolition or even a new ride vehicle.

So ya... it could and likely would take 18 months if they cloned it (and hopefully improved the exterior in the process).

I guess my concern is adding more to it does not improve it. The entire thing needed to be thrown out and completely redone for UOR. If it retains any elements of USH, that's a shame.

I hope I'm over reacting.

martymcflyy85 likes this.
  16. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

Actually, it has been proven that Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the best time to release new media online. All the weekends good times personal pics are sent out/posted on late Sunday and all day Monday.

Nick likes this.
  17. JungleSkip

The story doesn't make sense for Orlando either way.

mcusi and Talking Head like this.
  18. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

Take heart everyone, the biggest difference is that you are getting a massive themed queue with lots of sexy cars and stuff and presumably that is where the story line will play out. Hollywood doesn't have that at all.

Also remember... the actors were filmed 100% against green screen. So the big show can be changed to the streets of Bangkok if the creators desired it.

Finally, this attraction is really really very popular in Hollywood. Folks come out of that end fog applauding. So, as the majority of you have not seen it in person, I would ask that you cut it a bit of slack.

19. JungleSkip

Enough people I know that know theme parks have ridden it and told me it's pretty bad. If this really is what's coming, it's a mistake for the long run. Something like this can be added to the tram tour and be touted as a big addition. But if this does replace 2 attractions (and I'm still hearing differently), it's a real headscratcher

20. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

erggghhhhh... I'll give it a chance. The script and acting was so incredibly weak though. The CGI looked pretty bad too, of course maybe it's different in person.