Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

They are tearing everything to the ground.

The show is pretty much the same as Hollywood. Rock is in it because he has already filmed it, in spring of 2014.

And do not dream of race track ride vehicles that pull some new never before stunts and effects. It will never come to pass.

Transformers Hollywood, F&F Hollywood, virtually no difference in Orlando.

Somehow missed your post. I am honestly more keen to believe this story now.

5PM EST on a random Tuesday, this just seems very, very odd all around.

Rarely would I be nostalgic enough to advocate for unnecessarily holding onto a worn out attraction like Disaster, but honestly... it's a better attraction than what they just did in Hollywood.

Seems to me if they were just cloning the hollywood version they could use the existing tram ride system and maybe somehow work the Disaster finale into it. Seems really strange to completely tear something down to build something very similar.

There would have to be major overhaul of the tracks for that to work. The track system the use is so much more advanced.

If they are going with a clone of the Hollywood version, I could see them using a version of the ride system used for The Lost Temple at Movie Park in Europe. It would allow them to have multiple ride systems and screens, boosting the ride capacity.

Ok, so here's my theory. The facades in SF stay up...but all of the buildings behind are torn down, entrance is where Beetlejuice was, maybe entrance that looks like Dom's house, and set up to look like L.A. a bit in that area....kinda similar to Kong being next to JP but completely different.

I don't think there has been a change of it being in LA from the San Fran. My bet is that they didn't want to let that out yet due on timing.

Ok, so here's my theory. The facades in SF stay up...but all of the buildings behind are torn down, entrance is where Beetlejuice was, maybe entrance that looks like Dom's house, and set up to look like L.A. a bit in that area....kinda similar to Kong being next to JP but completely different.

At best; you have to see the Disaster side for facades go down due to its kinda connected with the main building.

If it's a clone of USH, how would that affect the ride time?

Would the "rave" and garage scene work if it wasn't a tram ride? I mean, what, you load into a vehicle and immediately stop in front of a 30(?) second scene. Seems like the rave/garage stuff would be in a preshow (a la Gringotts).

So if that's the case, then the "ride" would start with the next scene -- which is all of 45 seconds? 60 seconds?

I just don't see it. Universal dark rides are typically several minutes long. Seems like there would have to be some plussing to USF's version unless the rave/garage stuff is included in the ride time -- which, woof, if that's the case.

Anyone have a time on the individual parts of the USH tram scenes? I just can't see how it would work for a satisfactory ride.

They are tearing everything to the ground.

The show is pretty much the same as Hollywood. Rock is in it because he has already filmed it, in spring of 2014.

And do not dream of race track ride vehicles that pull some new never before stunts and effects. It will never come to pass.

Transformers Hollywood, F&F Hollywood, virtually no difference in Orlando.

If accurate, that's really misguided on Universal's part. To more or less clone the Hollywood experience - which was received, at best, in a lukewarm fashion - would be a massive missed opportunity.

Somehow missed your post. I am honestly more keen to believe this story now.

5PM EST on a random Tuesday, this just seems very, very odd all around.

Rarely would I be nostalgic enough to advocate for unnecessarily holding onto a worn out attraction like Disaster, but honestly... it's a better attraction than what they just did in Hollywood.
Uni always seems to make their announcements on random days.

Ok, the rave/garage is approximately 2 min. long.

The main show scene on the tram is roughly 90 seconds long.

I guess I don't see how this would be a literal clone unless we ride in tram vehicles (in which case, what's the [HASHTAG]#story[/HASHTAG]?).

Clone of Hollywood... A) Would be a huge letdown. B)Transformers took 9 months(i think)... This is closing in 2 weeks. Are you really telling me that its going to take +18 months for a clone?

Yeah right...

Well construction took about 15-16 months for F&F: Supercharged... and it's a ride in a mostly un-themed box that didn't require much demolition or even a new ride vehicle.

So ya... it could and likely would take 18 months if they cloned it (and hopefully improved the exterior in the process).

Ok, the rave/garage is approximately 2 min. long.

The main show scene on the tram is roughly 90 seconds long.

I guess I don't see how this would be a literal clone unless we ride in tram vehicles (in which case, what's the [HASHTAG]#story[/HASHTAG]?).

I guess my concern is adding more to it does not improve it. The entire thing needed to be thrown out and completely redone for UOR. If it retains any elements of USH, that's a shame.

I hope I'm over reacting.

Take heart everyone, the biggest difference is that you are getting a massive themed queue with lots of sexy cars and stuff and presumably that is where the story line will play out. Hollywood doesn't have that at all.

Also remember... the actors were filmed 100% against green screen. So the big show can be changed to the streets of Bangkok if the creators desired it.

Finally, this attraction is really really very popular in Hollywood. Folks come out of that end fog applauding. So, as the majority of you have not seen it in person, I would ask that you cut it a bit of slack.

Finally, this attraction is really really very popular in Hollywood. Folks come out of that end fog applauding. So, as the majority of you have not seen it in person, I would ask that you cut it a bit of slack.

Enough people I know that know theme parks have ridden it and told me it's pretty bad. If this really is what's coming, it's a mistake for the long run. Something like this can be added to the tram tour and be touted as a big addition. But if this does replace 2 attractions (and I'm still hearing differently), it's a real headscratcher

Take heart everyone, the biggest difference is that you are getting a massive themed queue with lots of sexy cars and stuff and presumably that is where the story line will play out. Hollywood doesn't have that at all.

Also remember... the actors were filmed 100% against green screen. So the big show can be changed to the streets of Bangkok if the creators desired it.

erggghhhhh... I'll give it a chance. The script and acting was so incredibly weak though. The CGI looked pretty bad too, of course maybe it's different in person.