Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

The "fastest" ride I've ever been on was the old "If You Had Wings" at WDW. And that was a simple omnimover but gave the illusion of speed with projections and fans. Once again, this ride will create an illusion of speed, not much more. With the limited space there is just no way to really have vehicles gain the speed and have room to slow down.

The "fastest" ride I've ever been on was the old "If You Had Wings" at WDW. And that was a simple omnimover but gave the illusion of speed with projections and fans. Once again, this ride will create an illusion of speed, not much more. With the limited space there is just no way to really have vehicles gain the speed and have room to slow down.

That's actually a pretty big space. They could do something more ambitious if they really wanted to.

That's actually a pretty big space. They could do something more ambitious if they really wanted to.
Not to mention it backs up to wardrobe. So if they were REALLY incentivized, wardrobe could be moved at a minimal cost (they have plans to expand it as it is anyway) and use some of the current backstage land.

I'd love to see another parking garage or two built back there down the line and see USF expand into that area. There's still plenty of room for USF expansion if they were to use some of the TM parking lot once they completely run out of space within the current boundaries.

Has someone put together the aerial map with available area for this ride marked out yet? That seems to be a favorite thing to do around here so I wonder if perhaps I missed it.

Of course, it needs the requisite size comparisons to existing rides so we can debate if test track would fit in this space etc etc etc haha! (Joking aside, I'll be doing this tonight or tomorrow if no one beats me to it.)

Has someone put together the aerial map with available area for this ride marked out yet? That seems to be a favorite thing to do around here so I wonder if perhaps I missed it.
Many pages back the available area was mapped out. I'd check towards the beginning of the thread.

Could I do a what if, blue sky, mindfart thing for a ride idea?
What if universal would build a parking garage on the parking lot and clothing building, roughly the size of the other team member garage all on the other side of the land devoted to F&F. On the park side a testtrack ride could eventualy get you up on Lombard street (giving us the prommised twists and turns), fly over the Hogwarts express onto the (real!) parking garage where the ride has it's own track down and up the garage, safely devided from the team members but still there, giving us the real feel and look of the garage where a lot of the F&F movies have scene's. Sure we need a few effects there. Going back up the garage the track takes another jump straigt down Hill street. We are back in the theme park rusing down the hill and into a tunnel. Under the masive hill we van have the dark ride/movie section of the ride complimenting the ride and offcourse the entrance and exit. I know it's never been done but it would be exactly what Universal would try.

Could I do a what if, blue sky, mindfart thing for a ride idea?
What if universal would build a parking garage on the parking lot and clothing building, roughly the size of the other team member garage all on the other side of the land devoted to F&F. On the park side a testtrack ride could eventualy get you up on Lombard street (giving us the prommised twists and turns), fly over the Hogwarts express onto the (real!) parking garage where the ride has it's own track down and up the garage, safely devided from the team members but still there, giving us the real feel and look of the garage where a lot of the F&F movies have scene's. Sure we need a few effects there. Going back up the garage the track takes another jump straigt down Hill street. We are back in the theme park rusing down the hill and into a tunnel. Under the masive hill we van have the dark ride/movie section of the ride complimenting the ride and offcourse the entrance and exit. I know it's never been done but it would be exactly what Universal would try.

That's not "blue sky"...that's "outer space/we just passed the moon/Mars here we come!" thinking for a ride idea.

Never happen, but it would sure be fun though! Nice outside the box thinking!