Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Plans were filed with the SFWMD today. Project size: 2.82 acres.

Detailed Permit Information

Well the plans give us a good bit of info. One big show building. 85,000 sq ft by my estimation. about 15% smaller than Gringotts. Looks like all of the San Fran facades stay, all the way from Beetlejuice all the way to the brickworks and around the corner. Looks like they will be either reusing part of the existing building(preshow or gift shop? I can't remember the layout of the building, but whatever is up by the facade) or tearing it down up to the facade. But it clearly is the existing facade on the plans. It definitely looks like they will be using Disaster's entrance facade as the ride exit. Entrance is probably Beetlejuice's entrance. Fountain and landscaping seem to be staying. I think the building where Beetlejuice's building is, is probably the garage queue that we saw in the concept art. Also looks like quite a bit of queue running back behind the facades. Im guessing the other two big rooms will be queue/pre show, but no way to know from those plans.

So I pretty much heard it's going to be a clone. What a bummer. Not like it hasn't been said already. Don't have to take my word for it but that's what I heard.

There is no way it's going to be a simple clone with all that size. I don't get why people are jumping the gun on this so much, clearly Universal has something big planned for this.

Remember that multiple "theaters" take up a lot of space. The Shrek building is massive - the scope of the attraction is not.

Yeah, a big queue that's pretty much a car showroom.

You think Universal is seriously going to waste nearly 3 acres on a car showcase with a 45 second simulation at the end? As I've said before, I'm sure the Hollywood version will be used in some way, but they have a plan for this. The way Universal is knocking things out of the park, I'm not going to overreact to early reports from insiders about this. Fast & Furious is a huge brand for Universal and will draw people in the parks, I'm sure they've got something up their sleeves to make this fun and interesting.

There is no way it's going to be a simple clone with all that size. I don't get why people are jumping the gun on this so much, clearly Universal has something big planned for this.

There are a few people who constantly do that here. Remember Potter and the Dragon on Gringotts? If it wouldn't come flying in, does the gangnam style dance, farts fire and flies away again it would be a huge failure. We now have a stationary dragon and people loose their s#!t every time it breath fire.

I'm not going to say Universal will never deliver a dud. Sure they will some day, and then they'll hear it from their customers and unlike some other parks I'm sure it won't stay 50 years. But I'll wait to judge it when it's ready.

Last edited:
Don't know how much truth their is to this but I learned this ride wont be for"Everyone". Interesting though.
Well, Transformers and the like aren't for "everyone" either. Many people get motion sickness, so they can't ride motion simulators/3D attractions.

You think Universal is seriously going to waste nearly 3 acres on a car showcase with a 45 second simulation at the end? As I've said before, I'm sure the Hollywood version will be used in some way, but they have a plan for this. The way Universal is knocking things out of the park, I'm not going to overreact to early reports from insiders about this. Fast & Furious is a huge brand for Universal and will draw people in the parks, I'm sure they've got something up their sleeves to make this fun and interesting.

...And where did I ever say "Universal is seriously going to waste nearly 3 acres on a car showcase with a 45 second simulation at the end"? Did you just want to go on a rant and use my post as a jumping off point?

For the past couple of months I've been saying that it's a large open-space queue (largest in the park), Hollywood videos will be reused, SF facades will be staying, Kong Ride Vehicles, multiple theaters (2 from what I know), and new scenes added to bridge the preshow to the main theater and main theater to unload. I've never said it will be just a queue and a "45 second simulation". It'll be at least 4-5 minutes when it's all wrapped together.