Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, from what it seems; thanks to Ryan120420, F&F has gotten a new revision for the 360 Portion, as it now has been re-Rendered for the left side to work as a more Sunset time.
How do you rerender the left side and not the right? The way King Kong 360 3D and Supercharged were edited is one continuous shot. Unless I'm not picturing/comprehending it correctly. Either way, good news!!!Ideally having the whole thing rerendered to take place during the NIGHT time would be even cooler. Would make it more seamless with the tops and bottoms of the screens.

EDIT: Never mind! Thanks for posting the video Jon! Definitely looks a lot better!!! Plus...makes more sense in being more seamless with the preshow. The preshow is a nightclub-like scene. No one parties like that during the daytime! So it all connects better now! Can't wait to see it tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Allen... To an extant in the F&F films they go to parties/hangouts day and night, depending on the particular movie setting required.

Also... are we sure that the new sky isn't just smog? :p  nah, it is a minor improvement

Actually Allen... To an extant in the F&F films they go to parties/hangouts day and night, depending on the particular movie setting required.
Oh....

Well, I've never seen any of the films, so...

8eExIIa.gif

Reactions: Allia
I forgot to mention that on my visit 01/01/16 that, in addition to the sunset looking nice, there is a change in the party video, too.  One of the girls touring the party with Roman now has more coverage than before.  A shiny metallic "skirt" has been added over what was little more than a bikini bottom.  Universal addressed concerns about the costume without sacrificing any aspect of the attraction's riveting storyline.  ;-)

Anyone notice anything else?

I forgot to mention that on my visit 01/01/16 that, in addition to the sunset looking nice, there is a change in the party video, too. One of the girls touring the party with Roman now has more coverage than before. A shiny metallic "skirt" has been added over what was little more than a bikini bottom. Universal addressed concerns about the costume without sacrificing any aspect of the attraction's riveting storyline. ;-)

Anyone notice anything else?
Are you sure about that? I don't think so. The "guests" partying in the four different musion rooms are all different. When you first drive in and get a glimpse of the guests from the different rooms, they're different in every room. It becomes identical once the main actors come in the room and the rooms are segregated. What you probably saw was maybe the same actress or girl in two different costumes for the different rooms.

Again, just a guess.

Are you sure about that? I don't think so. The "guests" partying in the four different musion rooms are all different. When you first drive in and get a glimpse of the guests from the different rooms, they're different in every room. It becomes identical once the main actors come in the room and the rooms are segregated. What you probably saw was maybe the same actress or girl in two different costumes for the different rooms.

Again, just a guess.
I'll stop in tomorrow, time permitting, and ride at again.  But I could swear one of the girls following Roman who then backs up when the FBI agent starts waving his gun, turns around to exit the scene showing far less 'cheek' than before.  See below for 'before' screen grabs from BehindTheThrills video on YouTube.  The new skirt looks kinda like thick strips of tinsel fringe which--with it's multifaceted reflections looks slightly amorphous--and I thought that might be relatively easy to add in post and re-render.  I figured since they're installing this in Orlando they should have budget for this sort of thing.  I'll let you know once I ride it again.  I hope others will chime in with their observations. 

Supercharged_010116.png

Ohhh ok! Then you might be right, I thought you were referring to the "dancing guests" before Rowan comes out. Those I believe are slightly different between rooms.

Hey....nice to see you're so observant of the details 'n assets in the musion rooms! ;)

I do like how they are all different people dancing in each room, then when Roman comes out they all sync to the same video. Nice touch :)

I'll stop in tomorrow, time permitting, and ride at again.  But I could swear one of the girls following Roman who then backs up when the FBI agent starts waving his gun, turns around to exit the scene showing far less 'cheek' than before.  See below for 'before' screen grabs from BehindTheThrills video on YouTube.  The new skirt looks kinda like thick strips of tinsel fringe which--with it's multifaceted reflections looks slightly amorphous--and I thought that might be relatively easy to add in post and re-render.  I figured since they're installing this in Orlando they should have budget for this sort of thing.  I'll let you know once I ride it again.  I hope others will chime in with their observations. 

Supercharged_010116.png
post-1-0-49807300-1451895690.png

View attachment 78

Reactions: William and JPLA
The Nighttime Studio Tour will be returning this year as confirmed by the park's Twitter. I wonder if any new attractions will come this year. 

Surprised no one pointed out the most obvious flaw of the whole ride: how come, especially during the sunset, there is no traffic at all on the freeway? Especially if this is the 5 we're supposed to be on? 

To be fair, when has a freeway been accurately represented in a film.. :p

As Alexshow said, they painted the Fast and Furious show bulding a go-away-green color. Now lets hope they have a bit of paint left over for a certain show-building. lol :p

25653092862_7699b09df3_z.jpg

25774082845_c774258753_z.jpg
25653079202_0d73f494be_z.jpg