Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm super oblivious to what this ride is. Can someone give me a brief overview of what this ride is going to be.

It's going to be very much how Skull Island - Reign of Kong is an updated version of how King Kong 360 at Hollywood is. Fast and Furious Supercharged will be based off the USH version of it, seen on the Studio Tour.

I really hope they have a facade budget to blend in that wall, unless Game of Thrones is coming to Universal...?
It's going to look like an old warehouse just like all the other buildings in the San Francisco wharf area. It's obviously going to get character paint to make it look like an old brick building and blend in.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Except not nearly as good.

I'll say this once, as I'll say it again.

Supercharged is an attraction that you have to keep an open mind about. Lower expectations, sure; but it's wise to be open to whatever in the hell comes of this attraction.

It's what I did with Supercharged at Hollywood, as I kept an open mind. And what did I think of Supercharged in Hollywood? It's good. It's something unique that if I had to go through with, I would. Is it cheesy? Oh hell yes. But, when you think of the film series as of late; it's pretty much in-line with what's in the ride.

As always, keeping open minds are good in this case for Supercharged; regardless if you have seen it on the USH Studio Tour or not.

No offense to those who are exited for the ride, but it looks pathetic. It's what I would compare it to, a worse version of Kong. The concept for this ride is pretty much identical to Kong and the set up reminds me of Transformers. Also, I don't even feel like F&F is even that popular to make an attraction out of it. The ride does seem like watsted money and space and I can't look past the bad. Anyone care to shed some light on this.

Edit: Also, the CGI looks really bad during the 360 room. Looks very fake.

No offense to those who are exited for the ride, but it looks pathetic. It's what I would compare it to, a worse version of Kong. The concept for this ride is pretty much identical to Kong and the set up reminds me of Transformers. Also, I don't even feel like F&F is even that popular to make an attraction out of it. The ride does seem like watsted money and space and I can't look past the bad. Anyone care to shed some light on this.

I'll shed some light.

1) Fast and Furious IS a popular franchise that does deserve an attraction.
2) It's not a waste of money: replacing an old attraction falling to disrepair and replacing it with something new.
3) Merchandise seller.
4) Replaces an expensive attraction to operate.
5) How can you say it "looks pathetic" while still under construction.

I'll shed some light.

1) Fast and Furious IS a popular franchise that does deserve an attraction.
2) It's not a waste of money: replacing an old attraction falling to disrepair and replacing it with something new.
3) Merchandise seller.
4) Replaces an expensive attraction to operate.
5) How can you say it "looks pathetic" while still under construction.
I meant the ride in Hollywood. It looks like a lesser version of Kong. And IMO Kong isn't even an A+ attraction.

Last edited:
I meant the ride in Hollywood. It looks like a lesser version of Kong. And IMO Kong isn't an A+ attraction.

1.) Then you should've said that first hand, as you have opened yourself up to be corrected.
2.) Tell me, why exactly do you think that F&F in Hollywood is the lesser version of Kong? Technologically, it is vastly superior; wanting to incorporate the practical elements from within the pre-show of the attraction and then the 360 sequence built upon what was done with Kong 360 at Hollywood.

In all reality, 360 attractions are very different in terms of how you perceive it. You have to be at certain seats to get the BEST experience, and even then; that will always differ the quality. It's also something that can't be well shown on video, as it has to be seen in person.

Edit: Also, the CGI looks really bad during the 360 room. Looks very fake.

3.) the Fast and Furious franchise has made over four billion dollars. It's been widely recieved extremely positively and has been growing ever since
4.) Whether you want to agree or not on this attraction coming to Orlando; this is going to be marketed to a particular crowd that WILL come flock to the parks for.

Kong, while yes; a classic, doesn't hold a candle in the terms of an IP to Fast and Furious.

___

I'll say this once, and I will say it again. We need to keep an open mind when we ever walk through the attraction. Regardless if you are excited or disappointed for this. Is this the proper use of the IP? Hell freaking no. But, you need to give it a chance as it's going to benefit the park in many way's.

1.) Then you should've said that first hand, as you have opened yourself up to be corrected.
- Tell me, why exactly do you think that F&F in Hollywood is the lesser version of Kong?

1. When I mentioned details about the CGI and the 369 room, then you should have assumed that I was talking about the actual attraction. I wasn't just assuming what the ride would be like. I wouldn't talk about how certain CGI looks bad, if the attraction hadn't even been built yet. I was comparing the USH version which people say that our F&F ride will be based off USH to our Kong.

2. When I mentioned that this ride was a "lesser version of Kong" I was referring to detail and authenticity. Kong is very well detailed and from the outside it looks amazing. From what I saw at USH version of F&F, the detail on the inside doesn't seem as nice as Kong. I know they are totally different themes, but aesthetically Kong is more pleasing.

1. When I mentioned details about the CGI and the 369 room, then you should have assumed that I was talking about the actual attraction. I wasn't just assuming what the ride would be like. I wouldn't talk about how certain CGI looks bad, if the attraction hadn't even been built yet. I was comparing the USH version which people say that our F&F ride will be based off USH to our Kong.

2. When I mentioned that this ride was a "lesser version of Kong" I was referring to detail and authenticity. Kong is very well detailed and from the outside it looks amazing. From what I saw at USH version of F&F, the detail on the inside doesn't seem as nice as Kong. I know they are totally different themes, but aesthetically Kong is more pleasing.

The USH kong doesn't even make sense thematically. In all fairness, Kong 360 at USH is a tech demo, that helped shape the course for Fast and Furious and Skull Island.
And also, comparing the USH F&F to UOR Kong? :ban:

It's like comparing apples and oranges Luke.

If you want to make a better comparison for Kong Orlando, make the comparison to the Hollywood Kong in the terms of it's ride film. Exterior wise, there isn't much to say there than Hollywood is essentially a giant box in the hollywood backlot (and that, has been my largest complaint with Kong 360 at Hollywood). And going back to what I said on the post that you forgot,

you need to ride it for yourself to see it in the best form. In 360 attractions, this is something that HAS TO BE TAKEN WITH in the highest caliber. You need to ride more than just once to find out what is the best experience that the attraction can have. And for Supercharged, it will be no different. You need, to wait and see; as if you are going off of Supercharged with just the YouTube videos (which, won't be anything at all like the final product); then you need to look elsewhere for your excitement.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Why don't you just hold off judgement until it's done and open? Or, if not, then just ignore it. Not every attraction is built for every guest. They obviously won't please you no matter what with this so enjoy all the other attractions in the park, or something else.

Why don't you just hold off judgement until it's done and open? Or, if not, then just ignore it. Not every attraction is built for every guest. They obviously won't please you no matter what with this so enjoy all the other attractions in the park, or something else.

Who's to say I won't enjoy it? Why can't I be pleased with what they do. I just found out about this a few minutes ago when I looked at USH attraction. I've made 3 comments about the ride and your saying that I can't be pleased. All because I'm judging the attarction from a video doesn't mean I won't be pleased with what UOR does. I want to be surprised.

Yeah, the 360 rides are a bust, sorry...They work for the tram tour, they don't stand alone as attractions

Of course, my opinion

Fast and Furious deserved better, many will be disappointed as it is another ride that "takes you into a room and shakes you" as I heard Kong described by some tourists recently

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I'll say this once, as I'll say it again.

Supercharged is an attraction that you have to keep an open mind about. Lower expectations, sure; but it's wise to be open to whatever in the hell comes of this attraction.

It's what I did with Supercharged at Hollywood, as I kept an open mind. And what did I think of Supercharged in Hollywood? It's good. It's something unique that if I had to go through with, I would. Is it cheesy? Oh hell yes. But, when you think of the film series as of late; it's pretty much in-line with what's in the ride.

As always, keeping open minds are good in this case for Supercharged; regardless if you have seen it on the USH Studio Tour or not.
Considering I don't care much for the films that doesn't really help your case.
From what we know the ride will be pretty much exactly what we see in Hollywood. There's really nothing to wait for except to see how different the vehicles are.

While some have experienced it, many of us (including those who have derided it very recently) have never ridden the Hollywood version. Thus, we can't really judge it if we haven't ridden it and watching a Youtube video on it doesn't count. I would have preferred a coaster or another thrill ride vehicle to make it Fast and Furious (almost said "Fart and Furious" when my finger went the wrong direction).

Still, it is what it is as this point. The films may not be all of our preferences, just like how I don't really care for "The Simpsons". The ride, though, deserves a chance. After we ride it, we can rip it to shreds with all the venom we can muster.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Hi! Long time lurker.. trying to keep up with this thread. I think I remember there being some discussion about changing the ride vechiles from what was originally planned? Do we have any clue what they're going to be like at all?

Reactions: Nico
There's a point during the ride where vin diesel grabs on to a chopper and leaves the scene. The chopper looks like it's 5 ft long and it looks so unrealistic. Also the beggining of the ride looks like the Harry Potter Gringotts pre show.