Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Because you will look foolish.

This isn't a Human Rights issue, this is a theme park. And nobody is forcing you to go to fork over money to go to the park.

It was a joke....but nowadays someone farts and people boycott. It doesn't have to be a Human Rights Issue....BUT.... I'd do it right in front of the Universal Welcome sign, I'm sure I'll end up on the news. Lol

Reactions: Andysol and LJGonz
I still think this ride should have physical movement like swerving and braking fast while not having the screen make it do that. My complaint on Kong is that it has too little physical time and everything is just screen. Spiderman does a good job of strolling through physical elements inbetween screens.

I still think this ride should have physical movement like swerving and braking fast while not having the screen make it do that. My complaint on Kong is that it has too little physical time and everything is just screen. Spiderman does a good job of strolling through physical elements inbetween screens.
Agreed, Spiderman is probably the best ride balancing the elements of screens, physical sets and kinetic energy.

Matches the upcoming ride!!! :cool:

*ahem* Forbidden Journey?

And to a lesser extent, King Kong?
I find none of them do it as good as Spiderman, though Forbidden Journey is close, I find it lacks kinetic cohesion; I find that in Spiderman everything just flows so perfectly. Kong does not have that much in physical sets outside the beginning, though I have to say, that when working properly the wind and water effects in the 360 scene are really great.

Spider-Man never really "stops" (or at least moves extremely slowly) in front of screens except for the two IMAX scenes near the end. In the grand scheme of things, it's not much. Even though FJ is continually moving, it gives the sensation of parking in front of the domes because they're synchronized. Still, it isn't egregious like Gringotts or Kong because there's still simulated motion during these parts. Transformers is similar.

I look at it like this:
Parking in front of screens with very limited motion (Gringotts/Kong) -> not great
Parking in front of screens with fun simulation (FJ/Transformers) -> better
Continually moving toward/away from, or strafing past screens, either with or without simulation (Spidey) -> best

Spider-Man never really "stops" (or at least moves extremely slowly) in front of screens except for the two IMAX scenes near the end. In the grand scheme of things, it's not much. Even though FJ is continually moving, it gives the sensation of parking in front of the domes because they're synchronized. Still, it isn't egregious like Gringotts or Kong because there's still simulated motion during these parts. Transformers is similar.

I look at it like this:
Parking in front of screens with very limited motion (Gringotts/Kong) -> not great
Parking in front of screens with fun simulation (FJ/Transformers) -> better
Continually moving toward/away from, or strafing past screens, either with or without simulation (Spidey) -> best
The Kong 360 room makes up for the previous "parked" scenes imo.

Eh- if Kong was similar to spider man or transformers I would've been extremely disappointed. I like those rides, duh, but I also prefer variety. Screens can be obnoxious- but I'm ok with them too.
So if we're having screens for Kong whether it's like it is now in the 360 room or similar spider man- give me one with a unique ride vehicle and ride that is different from anything else on property- which is what Kong had- vs a 3rd "spider man" ride.

Variety is the spice of life. If you like Spider-Man way more- grab your express pass and ride it unlimited times. I'd rather ride Spider-Man and Kong than Spider-Man twice or Spider-Man and transformers.

Back to F&F- I'd rather it be unique vs anything we have. Uni has done a good job bringing in unique rides- while they all use screens- gringotts, Fallon, and Kong are entirely unique for UOR. That's my biggest disappointment with F&F. They're "transformering" an existing and inferior Ride tech in Kong. :(

Matches the upcoming ride!!! :cool:

*ahem* Forbidden Journey?

And to a lesser extent, King Kong?
Actually, King King nothing of physicals sets when it comes to the indoor section. There aren't really any physical sets inbetween screens.

During Kong, after the bat cave scene (which is pretty realistic and blends well with everything) there should be a small physical set transitioning to more of a greener area. I feel like there should have been some physical elements during the bat and bug tranision. It goes from a cave to a jungle and I think they missed an opportunity to amme the ride better. I would have just been happy with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering about the queue for F&F, are they getting rid of the San Fran front or at least refurb and make it fit more to the F&F theme?