Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

We don't know that yet. I've gone from being down on the project last year to having an open mind now. This may turn out OK yet.

I think this was more a personal reference to Kong and the general consensus to Fallon. I've still got hopes for my first ride on Fallon and F&F.

I think this was more a personal reference to Kong and the general consensus to Fallon. I've still got hopes for my first ride on Fallon and F&F.
The general consensus to Fallon on OU (and now Robert Niles from Theme park Insider) from people that have rode it is actually pretty good. The negative responses mostly come from people that have not rode the ride. They really don't count. :)

The general consensus to Fallon on OU (and now Robert Niles from Theme park Insider) from people that have rode it is actually pretty good. The negative responses mostly come from people that have not rode the ride. They really don't count. :)

That's a really interesting point. Low expectations could be Fallon's saving grace. Lightning might strike twice with F&F.

That's a really interesting point. Low expectations could be Fallon's saving grace. Lightning might strike twice with F&F.
For the fans anyway...I feel the GP still expects a coaster for some reason...That's all I've seen on the social media comments..."I hope it's a coaster" or "Is it a rollercoaster?"....I guess that is said with every new ride, but it seems like it is more with F&F

I've done Fast & Furious. It's embarrassing. GP who ride with me think it's embarrassing.

I refuse to lower the bar on that one. The script sucks, the performances resultantly suck, the ride medium is misapplied, and the media/graphics are terrible.

I've done Fast & Furious. It's embarrassing. GP who ride with me think it's embarrassing.

I refuse to lower the bar on that one. The script sucks, the performances resultantly suck, the ride medium is misapplied, and the media/graphics are terrible.
Exactly, we shouldn't "lower the bar" just because we know what to expect. We should set the bar at what the GP will expect out of a F&F ride and if it doesn't hit that then yes, it is a failure.

The vast majority of people don't have our level of knowledge going in so we shouldn't lower expectations of what to expect out of one of their biggest franchises.

I'm not going to read into the picture too much, but this looks like a virtual queue. The people are standing in wide crowds and there doesnt seem to be any sense of a line.
Normally queue line bars aren't included in concept art - and if they are there are one or two people standing around pointing - but that would be cool!

Wait...you mean calling someone a "stink pickle" doesn't make for a good script?

Also, I agree with you to an extent that it's really not a good attraction. I've been on it several times now and it just doesn't do the franchise justice.

It's odd how they keep painting that window black, then taking back to the base color. It's like they can't decide how they want it to look. I know it's all to go behind the fake windows, but you'd think they would have mocked this all up months ago and made those decisions already.

It's odd how they keep painting that window black, then taking back to the base color. It's like they can't decide how they want it to look. I know it's all to go behind the fake windows, but you'd think they would have mocked this all up months ago and made those decisions already.
You know how those decorators are - just back and forth til forced to pull the trigger on something.........:tongue:

It was explained in the making off for Diagon Alley. They where painting the lion heads near the water. The light outside, in relation with the reflection of the surfaces around it and the place the sun comes up and goes down, all are impacting the coloring and coloring effects they do. Unlike some they take their work very serious and it's something to appreciate.

Last edited: