Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 189 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's been so long in themepark years that I can't remember, was it delayed because of Kong and the wireless thing or was it something else? I know that it had to be re-engineered. At least I think I know that.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Yeah, I think I recall that they ditched the wireless system and replaced it with busbar. Someone important on here suggested that to me at least. I only know they were spooked by the wireless communication and the issues that persisted for so long.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Even though it's using actors and not cartoons, if the people are inside cars and moving about, you could get away with so much before people realise how fake they looked.

Ideally, the whole San Francisco area would be remodelled to reflect the ride as as far as I can remember, they never go there in any of the movies and it seems like it's easier to send them there than to change the area about the ride.

Ideally, I'd like something similar to Test Track with a good bit of speed built in. As big as that plot of land is though, you're never going to get up to anything above 40mph. The only possible way would be to have a stretch of track that extends out over the car park to the west of the land and have it move above or below the HE track. You'd obviously have to keep the track covered as to not waste the illusion plus you'd get the benefit of being able to run the ride without the weather affecting it. They could explain the covered track by saying you're in a tunnel or something.

Weirdly, Test Track fits perfectly into the area.

aTz76Nh.jpg

I can see how the coaster idea lends itself to the IP but if Universal add another coaster, I want it to be something that they don't already have like a wing coaster or a RMC and none of them would make sense.

Maybe, Universal listened? :lol:

Reactions: fryoj
It actually looks pretty good from in the park, not gonna lie. Especially for how big the building is.
It only looks weird from Springfield, where it is weirdly both directly behind and much taller than the San Fran facades. Other than that, I approve of the look. Especially because the building hides the Hogwarts Express from the Beat Builders area.

Agreed, although i'm not enamoured about the IP or the ride I think the show building looks really good.

Universal seem to be making everything better except the rides themselves so I'm overly excited to see how everything comes together when HP and Nintendo hit the marks I think they're going to.

I think the facade looks kinda flat from use of a zoom lens. Distorts perspective.

That makes the most sense.