Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 191 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can see The Rock being there for opening day and then heading over to Disney to be a skipper for a day on Jungle Cruise to try and justify the reason for making a movie out the ride for whatever reason.

Reactions: WAJAS
Haunted Mansion and Eddie Murphy...what could possibly go wrong?

You dare speak of such a Heinous film?!?

haunted-mansion.gif

Back on topic; will F&F be great? Oh hell no. But I don't think it'll be as bad as Stitches Great Escape or Fear Factor Live.

Let's not forget the movie that still no one understands.....Tomorrowland.
I liked Tomorrowland. It had some good ideas going for it, although having George Clooney as the scientist with the girl a tad creepy. It should have been Helen Mirren.

And the Jungle Cruise is already BASED on a movie.

But I think F&F will fall into the Twister: Ride It Out category of "bad." It's the wrong ride-system for what SHOULD be a fantastic attraction that'll be just good enough to be received with a mix of awe and disappointment.

Reactions: Joel
But I think F&F will fall into the Twister: Ride It Out category of "bad." It's the wrong ride-system for what SHOULD be a fantastic attraction that'll be just good enough to be received with a mix of awe and disappointment.

Yea. I don't think it'll be bad enough for the gp to actively shun it, it just won't be what people go home talking about.

Wow you guys are hating...I actually enjoyed Tomorrowland and liked Haunted Mansion enough too. You know what movies I don't care for? Fast and the Furious...and yet they've already made eight of those and a theme park rode with another on the way.

Some movies translate well to rides, some rides translate well to movies...

Wow you guys are hating...I actually enjoyed Tomorrowland and liked Haunted Mansion enough too. You know what movies I don't care for? Fast and the Furious...and yet they've already made eight of those and a theme park rode with another on the way.

Some movies translate well to rides, some rides translate well to movies...

sadly I am with you (save I can't speak of FF as I have never seen one)...heck I like Murphy in Golden Child, Dr dolittle...tons of stuff he did that most hate, but I am odd and I am ok with that...maybe not odd, but I tend to like the opposite of the critics...I still do not get how the rest of the world liked 'the gods must be crazy' as I thought that was my kind of movie, but somehow the public liked that one too?!?!?

o_O

Reactions: Cheezbat
I'd love to see Murphy make a come back. He is an extraordinaryly talented individual. One of the best. Starting with Lenny Bruce, George Carlin and Richard Pryor, through Steve Martin and ending with Eddie Murphy. There was a 2 decade period of unprecedented stand up comedy. Those guys in their hay day were ground breaking.

PS: I saw Steve Martin do Stand Up as the opening act for Led Zeppelin in March 1977 in Cleveland. You kids literally have no idea how epic that is. Sad.

ef48a911c9403bfa2750d17af626e1ba.jpg

Last edited: