Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

I'd love to see Murphy make a come back. He is an extraordinaryly talented individual. One of the best. Starting with Lenny Bruce, George Carlin and Richard Pryor, through Steve Martin and ending with Eddie Murphy. There was a 2 decade period of unprecedented stand up comedy. Those guys in their hay day were ground breaking.

PS: I saw Steve Martin do Stand Up as the opening act for Led Zeppelin in Feb. 1977 in Cleveland. You kids literally have no idea how epic that is. Sad.

I at least saw Sam do standup (and he is missing from your list). I also saw a George a few times...had friends who saw a Robin Williams at a Gator Growl (just to be banned after snapping a 'selfie' of the one eyed monster.

But yes, Murphy got me on opening night of SNL with that James Brown hot tub thing....

I at least saw Sam do standup (and he is missing from your list). I also saw a George a few times...had friends who saw a Robin Williams at a Gator Growl (just to be banned after snapping a 'selfie' of the one eyed monster.

But yes, Murphy got me on opening night of SNL with that James Brown hot tub thing....
OMG, Sam's Somali Famine skit. "We don't need to send them food, we need to send them ******** suitcases. See this? It's sand. What's it going to be in a thousand years? SAND!" Sam's on the list for those 2 decades. Andy Kaufman too. And we can't forget the influence of Comedy Troupes like Second City. There were a few comedy gems to come out of SCTV. Chase, Aykroyd, Murrey, Belushi, Radner, Candy, and Short to name a few.

So I'm not even sure this is worth bringing up, but someone who is on the opening team has said that there won't be any 3D in this attraction? Sounds wrong, but just wanted to bring it up.

He also mentioned that softs could start as soon as December.

I actually thought people mentioned that a while back, and that it was turned down by @NJBrandon. That said, USH had 3D glasses sanctions for the guests before they went on FJ, and 3D was removed from their ride; so it wouldn't phase me if Universal decided to not bring 3D.

As for softs to begin in December...I don't believe that.

I actually thought people mentioned that a while back, and that it was turned down by @NJBrandon. That said, USH had 3D glasses sanctions for the guests before they went on FJ, and 3D was removed from their ride; so it wouldn't phase me if Universal decided to not bring 3D.

I don't believe pretty much any of it as of now... but thought it interesting enough at least get to the bottom of.

There's an area that is labeled "3D Glass Pickup" on what I've seen. I don't think things have changed since then, but who knows.

If this soft opens in December and opens in January, it would make sense for Universal to start making some big announcements especially with the HP events.

Once F&F opens, we could have zero official statements about what is actually coming to the resort. Sure we know about the HP coaster, T2 replacement and Nintendo but no real details.

Does this mean no virtual queue? I don't recall if Jimmy Fallon has a line for single riders?

Not a good comparison. Fallon's Theater style seating really doesn't lend itself to needing single riders. Single riders lines work best on rides with multiple RV's with rows that seat fewer riders.

I've been reading a lot of hate regarding this upcoming attraction. I can understand if your not excited for the IP attached to it. But, I'm a strong believer that you can't judge an attraction until you've experienced it first hand. So until I've ridden the ride I won't make a judgment. Also, I think we should just be happy that it's a Universal franchise. I'm aware that it's based on the attraction in Hollywood. But, there going to be completely different experiences. So I have hope. I thought Fallon was a terrible idea. But, the exterior is a major upgrade compared to Twister and the ride and queue is entertaining. That's my personal opinion.