1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Fast & Furious: Supercharged Opening 2018

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., Aug 25, 2015.

1. JPRA513

JPRA513 Newcomer

I appreciate your optimism, and hope that you end up being right, but I think a lot of the pessimism comes from a mixture of screen fatigue (which seems to be an issue that is being addressed in the very near future), the amount of space being used for the screen based attraction, and the fact that, whether they like the franchise or not, many people seem to agree that the franchise deserved a better attraction - one that actually went fast - something along the lines of a Fast and Furious themed Test Track attraction.

Totally agree with you on the Universal franchise point though. Really want to see more Universal franchise based attractions added, and would like if Universal Creative would show them the same attention to detail that they have shown Harry Potter, and will be showing Nintendo.

All that being said, I will admit to being just a tiny bit excited to see how this attraction ends up shaping up. I really want to be proven wrong here.

2. ChuggLyfe

ChuggLyfe Newcomer

I appreciate your point of view. I think also people are upset of the possibilities of what we could have gotten versus what we are getting. It's going to be a great addition attached to a popular IP but I do feel that they could have tried a little harder to push the envelope.

WebHead1138 likes this.
  3. Bobharlem

Bobharlem Rookie

For what it's worth, I think a lot of the assumptions about this ride are dead wrong.

WebHead1138 likes this.
  4. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

:agree:

Screen Fatigue more than anything for me. Even though they weren't well attended and/or in a state of disrepair, we lost two physical attractions and a live show for 2 screen rides in Fallon and F&F.
    At the very least, we have significantly improved facades. But more than anything, we need some physical attractions to come to fruition at USF.

Trading out a screen ride like Shrek for Fallon and F&F and trading out a physical attraction like Disaster/Twister/FFL for a physical attraction like MoM and SLoP are very solid trades and improvements. Not just rides/screen fatigue, but facades and overall park flow/theming as well.
    Unfortunately, for those that don't follow rumors/news- I.e., the large majority/General Public who go to USF- It's just gonna be painful until those come online. If they thought they had a lot of screen rides before Fallon, it's only going to get worse before it gets better... hopefully. And I only say hopefully because I'm in a "prove it" mentality for UOR. I'm not getting excited for much until they build actual physical attractions.

brianlo, JPRA513, Cheezbat and 3 others like this.
  5. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Newcomer

Thanks everyone for all the responses.

I mostly agree with everyone's opinions. Especially screen fatigue. Will just have to wait it out and see what attractions Universal has planned for the future.

ChuggLyfe likes this.
  6. Alexshow

Alexshow Veteran Member

Seems that new promo material for Drupercharged has come.

Noticing things, Tyrese seems to be in the same getup from the Hollywood version, but I think the promo art is new.

7. Paulio

Paulio Rookie

Can anyone imagine what F&F Supercharged in florida would look like? I know it's 3d screen and all, but being that the ride follows the same footsteps as Kongfrontation, Jaws, and Skull Island: Reign of Kong, it be probably a simulator ride like the Simpsons and Despicable Me.

8. AliciaStella

AliciaStella Premium Member

It's probably exactly the same movement tech as the 3D tunnel from Skull Island, but without the several new scenes preceding it. A clone of the tram tour version of Supercharged from Hollywood, but with the Golden Gate bridge added into the background.

I wish it would end up being more than that, but I fear that's all we're getting.

At least the preshow will be musion again. I really liked that about Disaster.

JPRA513, Mr. EPCOT and Andysol like this.
  9. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    Except Christopher Walken > anybody in the F&F movies!

JPRA513, Cheezbat, JoeCamel and 3 others like this.
  10. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

How so?

Ashhanbre likes this.
  11. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

I love me some Walken...but Kurt Russell and Hellen Mirren are in these movies. :tongue:

JPRA513 and belloq87 like this.
  12. scott_walker

scott_walker Premium Member

I still can’t believe she was in the last movie.

13. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    If they were going to be part of the actual ride, the equation would look different!

14. Paulio

Paulio Rookie

F&F could have became a test track, but the patent application with Disney kinda prevents that, let alone the space USF have now.

15. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

The patent is only for how the mechanics work. Universal could engineer an entirely new ride system that wouldn’t be effected by Disney’s patent; a ride system that would probably be better these days.

JoeCamel and Ashhanbre like this.
  16. Alexshow

Alexshow Veteran Member

From good ol' Bio..

maroonmol, 12th Man and AliciaStella like this.
  17. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Veteran Member

How do they make Vin bigger than "The Rock"? Is it in his contract?

alias8703 and Andysol like this.
  18. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

He's just been using more steroids then "The Rock" the past few months. ;):lol:

anihilnation and JoeCamel like this.
  19. SkiBum

SkiBum Member

Michael Caine did Jaws the Revenge. Said it was the worst movie he ever made but it had a great payday. Someday, Helen Mirren may admit the same.

20. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

Mirren campaigned to be in F8. Ibdont blame her. They're a ton of fun