Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 194 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, she was also in Red and Red 2 (also movies I enjoyed). Fate of the Furious was enjoyable and it was exactly in line with all of the other films (suspension of belief must be exercised rigorously).

Reactions: Mad Dog
I have mix feelings about using virtual queue for FF. I like the idea in general, however this being exactly like Kong it's quite the people eater and this should be draw guests to San Francisco and not just have them walk past it like now.

People would be more receptive of the attraction if the Hollywood one wasn’t such a disappointment.

Fast & Furious is right there in the name. Just make it go fast and that might solve some problems.

At least in the old days when we got Jaws and OG Kong, they put you in a boat or a suspended car/tram and it was more fleshed out than the tram portion from Hollywood. Literally giving us a tram for Fast & Furious just feels kinda lame.

At least it's not dancing cars but eh...for the amount of space it's going to take up, it would be nice if it was a good attraction.

Fast & Furious is right there in the name. Just make it go fast and that might solve some problems.

At least in the old days when we got Jaws and OG Kong, they put you in a boat or a suspended car/tram and it was more fleshed out than the tram portion from Hollywood. Literally giving us a tram for Fast & Furious just feels kinda lame.

At least it's not dancing cars but eh...for the amount of space it's going to take up, it would be nice if it was a good attraction.

Can't judge a book by its cover. You haven't experienced the ride yet. Give it a chance first.

I know I'm in the minority on this but Reign of Kong blows away Kongfrontation. The new Kong has the best of both worlds. Great 3D and awesome animatronics. And dont forget a que that blows away anything Kongfrontation ever had. We even got a new Kong animatronic! Whoever thought we would get that again? Yet people STILL complain. The only complaint I have with the new Kong ride was that it's a bit too short. I was able to ride Kongfrontation back in the day and even then I thought it wasn't that thrilling. But, I still loved it. If Kongfrontation was still around today the general public would complain that it's dated and boring. Not thrilling enough. People were saying similar complaints to Jaws and the current ET. Why do you think T2 has closed? Dated and not relevant. People were complaining how awful the 3D was in its current form. I understand that nostalgia is a power thing but it doesn't age certain attractions very well. Disney has been lucky with this. People need to learn how to move on. Times change. Some people liked my optimism with my previous comment. I think we should be greatful with all these awesome new attractions that Universal is giving us. I'm sure if we weren't getting anything new we would be complaining how dated Universal was. My point is that we shouldn't judge Supercharged until it's opened.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Can't judge a book by its cover. You haven't experienced the ride yet. Give it a chance first.

Considering that before Drupercharged for Hollywood, the only other thing that F&F had was Extreme Close-up, there is a good reason why people aren't all that excited.

Coming as someone who found Hollywood s Supercharged to be fine in person, but that I can easily see the faults from it that I don't want to see come to Orlando. Hollywood has a few that works there as opposed to Orlando due to more of a necessary evil that had to happen for Hollywood.

When you also consider that it'll be the Transformers of USF when you look at Kong, it's understandable why people don't want it, and that's not even with seeing what Orlando has to offer.

Considering that before Drupercharged for Hollywood, the only other thing that F&F had was Extreme Close-up, there is a good reason why people aren't all that excited.

Coming as someone who found Hollywood s Supercharged to be fine in person, but that I can easily see the faults from it that I don't want to see come to Orlando. Hollywood has a few that works there as opposed to Orlando due to more of a necessary evil that had to happen for Hollywood.

When you also consider that it'll be the Transformers of USF when you look at Kong, it's understandable why people don't want it, and that's not even with seeing what Orlando has to offer.
I'm more looking forward to the ride that'll replace Supercharged in ~15 years in that big show building than I am Supercharged itself.

My only real issue is that people are already complaining that supercharged isn't a good ride. The ride isn't even open! I get it. The one in Hollywood is a disappointment for people. Some don't like the IP. We're all entitled to our opinion. But, every ride deserves a chance. You never know but this ride could be a hit for everyone!

I've never been one to follow trends or bandwagons. I'm a very optimistic individual. I believe everything deserves a chance. But, if I ride this new attraction and come out disappointed then I'll be the first person to say that its garbage lol

Reactions: Coasted
My only real issue is that people are already complaining that supercharged isn't a good ride. The ride isn't even open! I get it. The one in Hollywood is a disappointment for people. Some don't like the IP. We're all entitled to our opinion. But, every ride deserves a chance. You never know but this ride could be a hit for everyone!

Hang around for a bit, and you'll begin to understand why IU forum users (forum-ers?) do that. There are some very, very informed people on here, who hint as much as they can but cannot reveal everything in order to protect their sources.

You might think this is a "wait and see" situation but by all, very informed, accounts it is not. We know exactly what this is going to be, thanks to these insiders.

Here is the thing though, you are debating an updated version of a single element from the Universal Studio Tour will have enough power, updated mind you; to be a good attraction.

It could be similar to how things were benefited for Kong from Hollywood to Orlando, allowing them to raise the scope and to allow more, or it could go down in arguably a path that may be more Earthquake than anything else.

Not to mention, Russia had a much better concept that would've benefited than just porting a plussed version of a element from the Hollywood Tour to this, and that the Hollywood version is at it's core, a mixed bag. Especially, for those that are on the tour for the first time, going through Kong and being shocked about how unique it is, to then be dealing with something that doesn't have really a real heart to it.

Hang around for a bit, and you'll begin to understand why IU forum users (forum-ers?) do that. There are some very, very informed people on here, who hint as much as they can but cannot reveal everything in order to protect their sources.

You might think this is a "wait and see" situation but by all, very informed, accounts it is not. We know exactly what this is going to be, thanks to these insiders.

giphy.gif

If there's a heat effect in it I'll be somewhat impressed. Fire effect and I'll applaud. That's how low my expectations are. I'll be excited if there's a neat effect.

I think we all would've liked something fast. Something exciting and tangible. Whether Test Track tech or something new, it could've been great.

I fear even general audiences will be let down, because everyone's gonna expect something that actually goes fast. Oh well.

We got Mario Kart on the horizon, so no need to dwell on the past... Which is where Universal will be leaving the screenz attractions for awhile after this. The past.