Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Smart for who? :lol: They should always looking to be developing something better, especially when by the time this opens, it'll have been receiving lukewarm responses for 3 years over at Hollywood. It'll take a whole lot of plussing to change that.

Something worth acknowledging, is that it could be possible that a lot of people have never experienced F&F in Hollywood, and will have completely blind and honest reactions for those trying to go to Orlando.

Do I think the reception will be similar? Yes, but that I do think we have to acknowledge that not everyone has done the Hollywood version.

Smart for who? :lol: They should always looking to be developing something better, especially when by the time this opens, it'll have been receiving lukewarm responses for 3 years over at Hollywood. It'll take a whole lot of plussing to change that.
Smart for a company that wants to offer new things at a reasonable cost. Smart because the Kong part of the attraction in USH also had mediocre reactions but with the proper plussing made a decent attraction here in Florida.

They are always looking to make money. That is their job. If they can make more money while spending less money they maintain the increases in profits the Universal Parks division has been doing.

This is why Disney is starting to run into problems. Everything they do costs way too much and takes a long to to bring a return on investment. Universal has figured out how to get similar results for a fraction of the cost.

I'm not especially looking forward to F&F, but I'm sure I'll still enjoy the attraction since it's something new, especially if they fix the issues from Hollywood....Even the great Imagineers, like Disney's Tony Baxter, have had attractions that didn't measure up to what they could have been, so I'm not going to be overly critical at this point in time.

Smart for a company that wants to offer new things at a reasonable cost. Smart because the Kong part of the attraction in USH also had mediocre reactions but with the proper plussing made a decent attraction here in Florida.

They are always looking to make money. That is their job. If they can make more money while spending less money they maintain the increases in profits the Universal Parks division has been doing.

This is why Disney is starting to run into problems. Everything they do costs way too much and takes a long to to bring a return on investment. Universal has figured out how to get similar results for a fraction of the cost.
As much as I'm ticked about how F&F is turning out...I get that A&D costs money and why not use something that already has the A&D done (Transformers is another example)...I only wish a standalone attraction was planned from the start for both resorts...but...whatevs

Flying cars from F & F?

hqdefault.jpg

Anyone know anything about the last scene? Suppoesedly something about an explosion and flying cars?

As I now think about it, that makes me wonder if the 360 sequence will be the grand finale of the attraction. Which, if that's the case, that makes me interested because that'd be a hell of a way to end the attraction.

That said, it's a guess on my part; as I am very much blind on Supercharged, and that It's one of those little things I've spoken of hope since a while.

Anyone know anything about the last scene? Suppoesedly something about an explosion and flying cars?

I wonder that, since they don't have a full length tram to deal with, if they could have a couple cars in the 360 tunnel with the RV. Maybe have them dice around in front on the RV and once we leave the tunnel and make that turn, they crash out of the way and explode. It's also could explain the delay if they had to make changes to account for it. It's also the kind of change that could be made without significantly changing the ride to the point that they had to scrap the work they'd already done.

R&D costs money... Universal is working on a lot of new rides involving new technology (Iron Legion based on what was said and MK) money that they can get from either having more guests attend the parks or raising ticket/food/and merch prices. I would rather have a plussed clone that brings people to the park than a larger than average raise in prices.

R&D costs money... Universal is working on a lot of new rides involving new technology (Iron Legion based on what was said and MK) money that they can get from either having more guests attend the parks or raising ticket/food/and merch prices. I would rather have a plussed clone that brings people to the park than a larger than average raise in prices.
Prices are going to go up no matter what. They aren't going to let Disney out-price them just to seem "nice". The way Universal sees it, if Disney can charge $105 for entry to DHS, Uni sure as hell can charge whatever they want if you want to see the boy wizard.

Uni is making a ton of money keeping guests on property. That is why they are reviving dead rides and add capacity, to put butts on ride seats who stay in hotels and spent.
Jaws was one ride and some carnival games (moved to Simpsons), now it's 1,5 rides, an interactive game, shows, interactive shows (bus, wand), shops and restaurants.
Twister transformed into an 20 minute experience incl shows, museum like area, lounge area, interactive games and a shop.
Kong, unused land, Transformers, unused area, Raptor Encounter, unused land, Volcano bay, unused land.
At the moment we get a huge plot of land replacing Dragon Challenge and I'm sure more people and a wider demographic will use that land and it's attraction(s). I see Disaster replacement as Fallon, underused ride (like Jaws beyond repair) adding more fun time and a ride that eats people. The same will go for Nintendo and the Terminator replacement.

Last edited:
The return on investment will be great with Universal smartly re-purposing and plussing an existing attraction rather than developing something completely new. Could they have done something better, yes, but for a LOT more money and with the limited space they have this was the smart thing to do.
The limited space argument can go both ways though. This rehash of a mediocre USH attraction is taking up a TON of real estate. I don't mean to keep ragging on this ride, but it just is such a bad decision (IMO), with the exception being that it's probably relatively cheap.

We all know theme parks are a business. Most on here would have the cheaper option of a simple indoor/outdoor coaster with the F&F theme and name. It's the fact that they're cloning an attraction that wasn't that successful in the first place.

While on the Studio Tour, F&F being the second 360-tunnel 3D attraction loses its steam. The fact that they're even building a second 360-tunnel 3D attraction here, designed for the 4 trams and hundred-plus passengers to experience at once, justifies all the eyerolls.

And like that, you just gained my intrigue.
If you look at the back of the building during contruction. There are 3 tanks. 2 white ones and a beige one. One of the types of tanks are probably for the air compression for the tram. But the other one has me intrigued. Maybe natural gas tank??

Most on here would have the cheaper option of a simple indoor/outdoor coaster with the F&F theme and name.

The days of building a simple coaster like that are past. No matter what it would have disappointed. This may disappoint the park "fans" (who will complain about everything, even when they haven't seen the finished product yet), but (just like we've seen with Fallon) the GP will think it's great.

The days of building a simple coaster like that are past. No matter what it would have disappointed. This may disappoint the park "fans" (who will complain about everything, even when they haven't seen the finished product yet), but (just like we've seen with Fallon) the GP will think it's great.

The GP doesn't think it's great in Hollywood? But Universal has this knowledge and hopefully they took it into consideration when designing ours.