Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

At least Kong had the saving grace of having that giant animatronic gorilla at the very end growling at you. Plus that great queue and witch lady

Whats gonna save this ride? An animatronic vin diesel waving at you while he talks about Familia?
There's been talks about using the element quite like the former F&F stop in the Universal Hollywood tram. Who knows, maybe there will be a few practical effects scattered to balance the 3D out like they did with Kong.

There's been talks about using the element quite like the former F&F stop in the Universal Hollywood tram. Who knows, maybe there will be a few practical effects scattered to balance the 3D out like they did with Kong.

I'm not sure how well practical effects would interact with the 360 screens though. Shooting mist or smoke works, but i'd imagine something like explosions or fire would not. The light from it probably just reflect off the screen and make it look even worse.

I'm not sure how well practical effects would interact with the 360 screens though. Shooting mist or smoke works, but i'd imagine something like explosions or fire would not. The light from it probably just reflect off the screen and make it look even worse.

The rumor, if I am not mistaken; is that the scene would be right after the 360 sequence. And to honestly guess, I doubt they'd put it in the 360 theater itself.

I'm pretty sure the general public are users of Twitter and YouTube, as well as Facebook, Instagram, etc. There's no way you can discredit entire social media platforms.
You can... but then again you can discredit every source of information as not indicative of the opinion of the general public. It is very difficult to determine what the exact opinion of the general public is on rides as opposed to movies. There is no aggregate source that everyone can display their opinion on equal footing when it comes to theme parks. At least none that is easily read/interpreted.

You can... but then again you can discredit every source of information as not indicative of the opinion of the general public. It is very difficult to determine what the exact opinion of the general public is on rides as opposed to movies. There is no aggregate source that everyone can display their opinion on equal footing when it comes to theme parks. At least none that is easily read/interpreted.

Well u can get a general idea.
Specially when they seem to gear towards the same side or agree on something.

Yes, I believe in that big time when it comes to theme parks on social media platforms, especially You Tube. Generally, all Universal new attractions get trashed, whether they deserve it or not. I would speculate there's a very heavy pro Disney bias that almost automatically says nay to Universal. As time goes by, the percentage of negatives recede, and the reviews become a bit more even handed. But the initial burst is almost always heavily anti Universal. Therefore, I pay little attention to the early reviews of Universal or Disney attractions since there appears to be so much bias involved.

Yes, I believe in that big time when it comes to theme parks on social media platforms, especially You Tube. Generally, all Universal new attractions get trashed, whether they deserve it or not. I would speculate there's a very heavy pro Disney bias that almost automatically says nay to Universal. As time goes by, the percentage of negatives recede, and the reviews become a bit more even handed. But the initial burst is almost always heavily anti Universal. Therefore, I pay little attention to the early reviews of Universal or Disney attractions since there appears to be so much bias involved.

I'm a big Universal fan. Its why I joined this site. But I would say the exact opposite of what you think. But hey, that's just my opinion. I think there is a lot of bias on here, but hey..its a Universal site, so its to be expected. Just like there is Disney bias on Disney oriented sites. But let's not turn this into a Disney vs. Universal thing again. I really hate how that comes up every time something negative is said.

It's Disney fanboys who are upset that Universal has actually caught up to "their" parks.