Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Small update - the street out front has been put behind an island of walls. There’s barely a walking path on either side of it. Not sure what they’re planning in the middle of the street.

Small update - the street out front has been put behind an island of walls. There’s barely a walking path on either side of it. Not sure what they’re planning in the middle of the street.
Yea it was like that yesterday too. Was impossible to navigate during Beat Builders. I think they’re just repaving. After that section I imagine they’ll remove/relocate some of the garden area around the fountain in front of ride entrance.

The concept of the ride is that we're headed to a party, right? Maybe it plays into that theme. This is more than just a warehouse. It's a party warehouse.

Where the lighting rig is is now the exit of the ride, so it ain’t going to be an arrival for anything. I would imagine it’s either to light the cars that will be placed out front… yes they’re coming, or they are for something else entirely like the grand opening.

Where the lighting rig is is now the exit of the ride, so it ain’t going to be an arrival for anything. I would imagine it’s either to light the cars that will be placed out front… yes they’re coming, or they are for something else entirely like the grand opening.

I would honestly think with the attraction given a spring timeline, they wouldn't be preparing for the opening ceremony this early.

I think you're right on the first, as it would make sense with the attraction itself already mentioning the fact of multiple car's from the series being present.

I'm still wary on a December soft opening but we're getting close! Can you feel the excitement in the air?

...yeah me neither.
I think a soft opening for mid-December is possible. I think it all depends on how much Universal will think they need it. I know the ride is ready to go and has been cycling with the opening crew running shifts in there so they could theoretically run it if needed any day now.

Hopefully it's a demo crew behind the walls. Time to blow up the turkey before anyone experiences it. ;):lol:....Seriously though, with very favorable word of mouth on the new HP & Parade holiday stuff sure to jack up attendance, they just may push for a mid December soft opening to help alleviate the crowds. Probably only a small window but they just might push for it.

Yea it was like that yesterday too. Was impossible to navigate during Beat Builders. I think they’re just repaving. After that section I imagine they’ll remove/relocate some of the garden area around the fountain in front of ride entrance.
Here's a few pics I got of the long stretch of work walls over the road/sidewalk on left-front of Fast and Furious on Saturday.

P1130917.jpg

P1130916.jpg

P1130918.jpg

Hmmm... it’s changed shape and size since Saturday. It’s farther down near the backstage gate, and bigger on all the sides.

Last edited:
Where the wood is, and the train tracks, right across from beatbuilders area, around the fisher-show-thing there was water puddling up around the wood, and it was sorta loose. There was some maintenance men looking at it Friday, maybe they’re replacing the wood? I’m not sure!

Quick photo update from yesterday. I won't have time to post to my site or YouTube for a few days, so thought I'd share them here. It's looking pretty good. Just needs some embellishments and detail work here and there.

P1130901.jpg

P1130897.jpg

P1130899.jpg

P1130900.jpg

P1130914.jpg

P1130904.jpg

You can see that the building to the right of the Supercharged entrance is now themed, the one in the concept art that Twitter confused with the Ghirardelli facade. Says Port of San Francisco on it:
P1130909.jpg

The old Disaster entrance area looks nice and clean with it's new slightly different color brickwork all done:
P1130883.jpg

Some work still going on at this awning:
P1130886.jpg

No change at former Disaster exit:
P1130888.jpg

Wide shot of the area from Central Park:
P1130919.jpg

like minds ;-) here is my shot from across the way....

24717012948_aa6c578861_k.jpg