Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 227 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Those build a car places are actually not that unique. There are a lot of them in malls around the country. They are okay to do once, because its pretty expensive. Many years ago my son built a custom Lightning McQueen at one of these places in Myrtle Beach. He played with it for a little while but it was nothing special.

It’s a toy track to test your car. What else should they call it? And that ride was named after a real thing: test tracks where new cars are tested before going to sale. I honestly just think it’s coincidence. The last thing Universal would want is to remind you of another park’s ride (especially one with a ride system probably more suited to a Fast and Furious ride no less lol.)

Reactions: tankart150
Lower your expectations for Supercharged. Will Universal Creative be able to improve the experience after the huge failure of the Hollywood version...I think yes, but not too much different. Think Kong 360 conversion into Skull Island. Similar adjustments and Skull Island is superior overall, even though Kong 360 is a better crowd pleaser.

I'm just gonna say it. And I know I'm in the minority here, but as a friend to some UC members, I have complete faith that they will execute this ride to the best of their ability. I actually do think and hope this ride will be surprise of the year. And if it's the same as Hollywood, so what? They replaced Disaster, which never had a wait longer than 15 minutes, and beetlejuice, who's time has passed. I think either way this will be a good addition to the studios.

I'm just gonna say it. And I know I'm in the minority here, but as a friend to some UC members, I have complete faith that they will execute this ride to the best of their ability. I actually do think and hope this ride will be surprise of the year. And if it's the same as Hollywood, so what? They replaced Disaster, which never had a wait longer than 15 minutes, and beetlejuice, who's time has passed. I think either way this will be a good addition to the studios.
Because the Hollywood ride is a disaster. Universal got lazy and they know it. Thats a huge plot of land and a huge show building, and the sad part is we will be sitting in front of a screen 90% of the time never going more than 5 mph. Smh

Because the Hollywood ride is a disaster. Universal got lazy and they know it. Thats a huge plot of land and a huge show building, and the sad part is we will be sitting in front of a screen 90% of the time never going more than 5 mph. Smh
There are some positives about this version over Hollywood.

-Virtual Queue should be a plus and at least people won't have to physically wait in line for this thing.
-Seemingly no 3D. That's a big plus in a park already overflowing with it.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything as far as the ride goes to get excited about though. I guess we can hope the CGI is better this time around, but they've already shown a ride trailer with the crap CGI from the USH version, so i'm not hopeful.

-Virtual Queue should be a plus and at least people won't have to physically wait in line for this thing.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything as far as the ride goes to get excited about though. I guess we can hope the CGI is better this time around, but they've already shown a ride trailer with the crap CGI from the USH version, so i'm not hopeful.
There's always the rumor of something physical at the end of the ride, ala Kong animatronic at Skull Island after the 360, likely some cars "exploding" on kuka arms. Or that could totally just be a rumor. But if true, that would be something different over Hollywood's version...

Plus, extra PRESHOWS! Woohoo. Who's excited for more PRESHOWS?! Yay.

Reactions: tankart150 and Nick
There's always the rumor of something physical at the end of the ride, ala Kong animatronic at Skull Island after the 360, likely some cars "exploding" on kuka arms. Or that could totally just be a rumor. But if true, that would be something different over Hollywood's version...

Agreed, they probably will add something at the end but I think it comes down to the same thing as kong, the transition. The ride system just doesn't have a good flow. Moving that huge ride vehicle from scene to scene to me just really kills all ride momentum and transition. Getting out of the 360 room takes so long and does not create a realistic transition into the physical set scene. All IMO of course.

I don't know if lack of 3D really matters for most regarding USF. Its the Screenz, not really the 3D. But I suppose it's a little better to not have to get glasses...

I'm relatively okay with this. I think this is a response to Kong's problem of having all this story but it really isn't presented to you in the most accessible way. I think having a preshow explaining why we're going to this party or whatever it is and what the trouble is will help rides be more invested in the story, which will in turn make the ride more interesting. I think that's why The Simpsons Ride is still as popular and well-received as it is, they have excellent preshows that set everything up for the riders by the time you board the vehicles. Heck, I barely remember 2/3rds of the Back to the Future actual ride, what I remember most is being in that preshow room when Biff locks up Doc Brown and steals the Delorean!

I also feel like Universal is trying to combat glasses fatigue and that this ride won't be 3-D. I trust Universal enough to understand that they have a very popular franchise that is known for its excitement and I expect them to do their best to represent that part of it well in the ride, apart from the screens.

Look I’m not a fan of this addition (property and ride concept) but we’re beating a dead horse constantly with putting it down. Every page is the same, many visitors and guests to the site come to the threads for updates and info, not the same opinions over and over again.