Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 253 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean.. it's a blast when you're on it but the graphics do take you out of it when Vin Diesel goes full limp noodle. They work so hard in motion capturing but the animation just doesn't do it justice. (And I say animation because... that's what it looks like. Even though the all the main actors really were used).

It's obviously a fun segment of the Studio Tour and the 360 wrap screen works for that as they do have to get creative in attractions for a 40-row tram. I actually did the VIP tour and we rode in mini-versions of the tram so that made the tour even cooler.

jwjTSHw.jpg

We dog the attraction a lot but we're going to enjoy it when we ride it. It just should never have been cloned here.

Weird that they don't invest the money to get proper CGI and footage for the film. They are owned by a major entertainment company after all...

Weird that they don't invest the money to get proper CGI and footage for the film. They are owned by a major entertainment company after all...

I think the CGI looks terrible but the final product might be better.

I’m convinced CGI is getting worse as it’s being used more and more for anything and everything.

It’s also a sad day when the original Star Tours probably had a more convincing look than anything being made today.

I think the CGI looks terrible but the final product might be better.

I’m convinced CGI is getting worse as it’s being used more and more for anything and everything.

It’s also a sad day when the original Star Tours probably had a more convincing look than anything being made today.
Same can be said for BTTF as well...All practical miniatures with minimal computer graphics

#ChangeofCharge (eh) or #FuriousWatch will begin soon

Ooo new conversation topic. What should the hashtag be? (Because there’s nothing better to discuss rn)

Agreed. Hate when people use abbreviations so much as if EVERYONE knows what they are talking about.
Seriously, a lot of posters incessantly use abbreviations for rides and attractions. I'm sure there are many (like me) who do not know what the abbreviations stand for. I realize most posters have more in depth knowledge of the parks but some do not. Is there any chance a thread can be started that lists the abbreviations and their corresponding ride/attraction?

Seriously, a lot of posters incessantly use abbreviations for rides and attractions. I'm sure there are many (like me) who do not know what the abbreviations stand for. I realize most posters have more in depth knowledge of the parks but some do not. Is there any chance a thread can be started that lists the abbreviations and their corresponding ride/attraction?
*searches "Acronym"*

*finds thread*

http://forums.insideuniversal.net/threads/common-theme-park-abbreviations.277/

It's just people being lazy when they type IMO. It is what it is. I usually ignore the abbreviation posts and just keep it moving. Easier for me until it's cleared up by a later post lol.

Last edited:
The F&F on the UH tram was not passable as a standalone in my opinion. My boyfriend laughed and asked me why Vin Diesel was spinning around on a tiny helicopter. The CGI was not great. I think it works on the tram tour though because it's just a cherry on top of a very long and interesting attraction. It feels like you're getting something you didn't even ask for which is cool. But as a standalone I wonder what else could be hiding in that building as I don't think I'd be happy if all I got was what is on the tram tour. I know it's been said before but what a missed opportunity for an attraction about cars going fast.

The F&F on the UH tram was not passable as a standalone in my opinion. My boyfriend laughed and asked me why Vin Diesel was spinning around on a tiny helicopter. The CGI was not great. I think it works on the tram tour though because it's just a cherry on top of a very long and interesting attraction. It feels like you're getting something you didn't even ask for which is cool. But as a standalone I wonder what else could be hiding in that building as I don't think I'd be happy if all I got was what is on the tram tour. I know it's been said before but what a missed opportunity for an attraction about cars going fast.
That's supposed to be a Drone, not a helicopter. :)

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'm trying to envision a plausible scenario where this attraction ends up pleasantly surprising me...

... I'm coming up empty. Unless the bulk of the ride is somehow not the 360 room.

For me - shortening the lines of other attractions for little while.

People are constantly asking what abbreviations mean. Just take a minute to spell things out ppl.

Pokémon Puzzle League confirmed.

That's supposed to be a Drone, not a helicopter. :)
Oh I know, it just kind of got lost in the chaos of that sequence. I felt like there was so much happening so fast that it was hard to read what was actually going on. I think Kong suffers from this too in the 360 sequence. It's easy to miss Kong catching you, or even realize he entered the scene. And the large vehicles create sightline issues. I hope the F&F vehicles are a little slimmer.

Oh I know, it just kind of got lost in the chaos of that sequence. I felt like there was so much happening so fast that it was hard to read what was actually going on. I think Kong suffers from this too in the 360 sequence. It's easy to miss Kong catching you, or even realize he entered the scene. And the large vehicles create sightline issues. I hope the F&F vehicles are a little slimmer.
What I liked about the Orlando Reign of Kong 360 scene is that so much goes on that it's impossible to experience it all in one, two, or even three viewings. Great for re rideability and almost like a different ride each time. I actually thought that was a big strength of the attraction. It doesn't get old, it gets better. I was seeing things on my tenth ride that I missed on all the others. Plus the different seats give you a different experience too. All plusses for re rides.