Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Maybe they will surprise us and they will start as a tram but then break apart and go side by side or something?! :lol:
If we didnt have the aerial during construction by XtremeMickey, I would say hey, anything is possible, but it literally showed us the layout of the ride through the 3D part. Minimal space beyond that to do too much. Its basically just a right turn out the of the 3D room, maybe one more small scene ala Kong animatronic, then another right turn into the off-loading station. Sigh..

I think I recall talk of multiple 360 rooms so I would assume they would split the cars to enter different theaters.

It's not exactly that.

I would suspect both are in the same 360 room, but what comes before will be something that is highly fascinating.

This was a cause for issues in Hollywood, and I suspect its becoming issue now for Orlando, but in the musion room for Hollywood, all of the Tram cars (four, btw) that all have separate rooms. They don't all share one room, think like the original Journey to Imagination.

But that what Hollywood had problems with, was that the tram cars being used were having issues with sensors, due to the second, third, and fourth tram cars all having their front view blocked off by rolling doors, that blocked viewing of the scene from in-front of the others point of view.

It's a fascinating mechanic, and something that is very much unique in many ways. And that they have gotten the problems fixed when I was there back in 2016, before Hogsmeades opening.

If I had to guess what the seven blazes is going on, to be blunt, Universal Creative is dealing with nearly the exact same problem to what Hollywood had with that musion scene originally of the doors, and that they are trying to troubleshoot it as fast and efficient as possible to get the best outcome.

EDIT: To give a rough mock-version:

i9Ktzki.png

Last edited:
If we didnt have the aerial during construction by XtremeMickey, I would say hey, anything is possible, but it literally showed us the layout of the ride through the 3D part. Minimal space beyond that to do too much. Its basically just a right turn out the of the 3D room, maybe one more small scene ala Kong animatronic, then another right turn into the off-loading station. Sigh..
Do you have a pic of this aerial? I don't recall seeing this...

I think you are on the ballpark with that.

There were two rectangular trenches done for a portion of the showbuilding, before it presumably enters the 360 room if i'm not mistaken. My best guess, they are going to have the musion rooms now like this.

rsBkL9G.png

Edit: another thought, if take just one musion scene, then I think the two buses are separate and that they'll go at completely different intervals, allowing the ride to have two buses at load, one for the musion, one for the 360, one for the scene after, two at unload, and one at a holding area before the musion.

Last edited:
I thought the same. Even if the technology worked flawlessly for Kong, I still don't think Universal would have used it again here, it makes no sense.

UC did intend to use trackless for F&F way back during early Kong construction. Word was, in late Kong construction, that they were completely disgusted with the wireless tech and grumblings led me to believe it might be abandoned here. So, we just have to wait and see if there is a bus bar or not.

UC did intend to use trackless for F&F way back during early Kong construction. Word was, in late Kong construction, that they were completely disgusted with the wireless tech and grumblings led me to believe it might be abandoned here. So, we just have to wait and see if there is a bus bar or not.

Yes. New company but I don’t want to share until I get confirmation.

I can see the point for Kong since it goes outside and is in plain view of the public so removing the guidance track makes for a more convincing effect but will F&F go outside of be visible beyond the loading and unloading station? It's also not like you can see the track when riding either.

Or would this be more of a wear and tear thing.

On Kong (and soon F&F), could you even see the track? I was assuming you don't get much of a vantage point of what's in front of you. Just what's to the side.

I don't think Kong has track

Kong I believe is handled wirelessly, not like an LPS but more like some of those wireless trucks in freight sites popping up nowadays. However, you can see the path of the track for Kong if in certain scenarios.

Fast and Furious, in general, I would imagine you will not see the track at all, due to how the cars will be set up (and that there isn't an outdoor sequence).

On Kong (and soon F&F), could you even see the track? I was assuming you don't get much of a vantage point of what's in front of you. Just what's to the side.

On Kong you can see the path outside of the ride but you can't see the guide track when riding because there isn't one. It gives a convincing illusion that it's a real truck driving a real road.

os-king-kong-universal-photos-20150506-057

Transformers for example has a visible track that the vehicles are attached to:

30763db1484ef68a192833603131f8ef.jpg

Universal is really pealing the bandage off of this sad, giant albatross as slowly as humanly possible. Please just put us all out of our collective misery and open it so we can move on! The fact that a ride system that is essentially a giant bus on a circular track that has a maximum speed of 5 inches a minute is having technical problems makes it even sadder. And this is after they pushed the opening from 2017 to 2018 to avoid issues in the first place. Even if it is 5 times better than we think, it's still a tragic waste of space, resources, and time. It's the Toy Story Land of USF without an opening date or mass appeal. Curse all the clueless executives who forced this Dodo Bird of a ride upon us.

I can see the point for Kong since it goes outside and is in plain view of the public so removing the guidance track makes for a more convincing effect but will F&F go outside of be visible beyond the loading and unloading station? It's also not like you can see the track when riding either.

Or would this be more of a wear and tear thing.

They wanted to go towards a trackless and wifi communication based ride system as the future of UC dark rides. Kong was the first deployment and then they'd roll it out for everything.